Chapter 20: Blame Game

Throats slashed. Bones breaking apart. Blood spilling everywhere. Human corpses piling up on the ground. Craters of Thamuz' scorching lava scattered all over.

The hot fight in the Barren Lands persisted. And so was Tigreal's shield that kept on blocking Leomord's critical strikes.

Darn it! This shield can't withstand his massive damage! Tigreal thought, realizing Leomord was equipped with two Blades of Despair.

"Your Antique Cuirass might have lowered my attack. And it may have thickened your armor. But it falls short in blocking the burst damage. Old tricks don't work now, Old Warrior," Leomord, making fun of him.

"There's no problem being old.  It comes with experience. You might forget your young age is as dull as your sword, Barats!" Tigreal counterattacked Leomord using his shield to shove him off.

 You might forget your young age is as dull as your sword, Barats!" Tigreal counterattacked Leomord using his shield to shove him off

"I am not Barats! I am Leomord! You forgetful oldie!" the Commander pounded back his sword.

"Kiddo! You're all the same! Heroes designed to ride on some weird-looking creatures to make your ugly-looking face looks good!" Tigreal as he casted his first skill, Attack Wave. Though the damage was minimal, it did slow him down.

"Save that old tongue-twister! I understand you can only move your tongue. Your joints might be hurting this time!" Leomord striked back as he quickly charged his Decimation Assault. "Why not retire, Grandpa? Have some rest! Let new metas take over! Let young warriors replace old hags!" Another skill, Momentum, hit Tigreal.

This time, Leomord's words really pissed him off.

"Take this! And this!" Leomord advanced powerful strikes against his heavy shield. Each blow decreased his healthpoints further.

It's one versus one. Here, Tigreal knew he's no match against him. He's a tank. Leomord's a core. He can only do three things: defend, evade and endure. The situation was totally wrong for him. He works best when he is with his teammates. But for now, he must stick to what's best for the team in the long run.

Lure the enemy.
Buy time for allies.
Distract the damage dealer.

This was the technique of the old times. However, Tigreal's peripheral vision noticed that Khufra, the evil tank, was looking at him. And it smiled - like a man who just successfully cheated on his woman.

 And it smiled - like a man who just successfully cheated on his woman