Chapter 24: Dragon, Kittens and Butterflies

Celestial Palace

"What do you want, Yu Zhong?"

"The Leonins. They're with me."

"Just when?"

"Just now."

"How much? What's the price? I'll double it."

"I'm afraid there's only one Twilight Orb, Helcurt. Nothing is greater than its price. Your aquamarines won't help this time."

"I'm confused. Enlighten me."

"One of your prisoners has it. And they're going with me."

"You know what's more precious than the Orb? Life, perhaps. Lives of those who wanted it."

"Fight me if you want, Helcurt. Kill me if you can," Yu Zhong dared him, as he confidently walked towards Harith and Nana, untying them from their chains.

"It's not that I'm afraid of you, Yu Zhong. I'm just making sure the odds are with me."

"If you think Lux Septum will go after you if you kill me, you're wrong. Whether you kill me or  not, the Council is still going after you. You killed Valir, our seventh and newest member." As Yu Zhong made such remarks, he noticed a handful of enemy heroes appearing behind Helcurt. Varied dark auras began to colonize the dungeon's already intense atmosphere.

"A piece of advice, Helcurt. If you want to occupy the throne uninterrupted, see first you picked the right enemy. You've crossed the border. For hundreds of years the Council remained neutral. But now that the Chairman knew you killed one of us, he will not go easy on it. The Septum works as one, acts as one. There will be repercussions," Yu Zhong continued as he transformed himself into a large, dreadful dragon.

The hot-clawing beast then shook its entire gilded body, enjoying itself from the aftermath of the sudden change

The hot-clawing beast then shook its entire gilded body, enjoying itself from the aftermath of the sudden change. Then it kneeled so Harith and Nana could easily mount on its back. A fair warning crossed the enemies' minds when it displayed to them how sharp and deadly its pointed tail is. Its deafening roar then echoed in the high, stone walls of the dungeon, followed by motions of its heavy wings trying to free themselves from the closed space. The enemies just watched in awe as the mighty dragon broke the dungeon doors before making a strong departure. With its outstretched wings dominating the sky, nothing can be as legendary as the Black Dragon.

"Where are we heading?" Harith asked Yu Zhong.

"Dragon's Altar. It's the only safe place I know for both of you. Consider it part of the deal."

Dragon's Altar

After two hours of flight, they reached their destination and eventually landed. Yu Zhong, now in its human form, led the two leonins to his safe hideout. The altar, constructed and half-submerged in mountain waters, was boldly designed with a dragon's head delicately carved on top of the entrance.