Chapter 15: Unfinished Business

"The Legendary Helcurt, the Dark King of the Celestial Palace, descended from his empire and sojourned to the lowly caves of this Dark Forest, just to see me

"The Legendary Helcurt, the Dark King of the Celestial Palace, descended from his empire and sojourned to the lowly caves of this Dark Forest, just to see me. May I know the good reason why?" Roger grinned hysterically.

"I guess your lone friend has bumped into a good trouble, Roger."

"Huh! So now you're in trouble? How?! I cannot imagine something that troubles the mighty Helcurt! Let me guess. Is it about the clash in the Barren Lands? I've heard that your Commander Leomord, whom you highly speak of, is currently encountering the Desert Miscitar!"

"Impressive. Your senses and eyes remain very impressive, Roger."

"So, you want me to go to the Barren Lands, and finish the business, once and for all, am I right?" Roger, with his curious demonic eyes fixed at Helcurt.

"No. I believe Leomord can handle such a small business. Unfortunately, this is a trouble I cannot handle myself."

"I know you, Helcurt. It has been a long time. And I know that nothing bothers you. And there is nothing in this world you cannot handle. Wait. Let me guess again. Hah! Is it about relationship? A woman, perhaps? Hahaha! Unless you're disguising here as someone who invokes friendship just to cut off my head."

"Taking your wolf head does not benefit me in any possible angle, Roger. I am no fool. I am here because I want you to lead my second battalion."

"And the reward?"

"Some doses of aquamarines."

"I'm afraid that's an offer I cannot refuse! Hahahaha! And who do you want me to kill?"

"Here, have a look at this!" Helcurt said, as he threw an aquamarine to Roger.

"What is this? Oh! A fallen stone?!" Roger, surprised. "So you're into the same dangerous hobby, my dear friend. Still fond with collecting such beautiful stones."

"Yes. And don't think of consuming that stone if you don't want this cave turn into a bloody river, dear friend," warned Helcurt.

"And who's the lucky owner of this red, volcanic stone? Some kid with fire, perhaps?" Roger, as he carefully examined the aquamarine. However, it took less than an instant for his attitude to change. His bragging expression was now painted with anxiety. Fear trembles his nerves that he was able to drop the stone he was recently fond of fiddling. He saw a mark. A squad's emblem. A symbol, deeply engraved in the stone's heart. It was from a squad he knew even legends of the land dare not face with. "Lux Septum!"

"Valir! That flame rascal! He's dead but I want to kill him even more!!" Helcurt's scream endlessly echoed in the caves

[Author's Note: Please allow me to thank the following:
Hoshiumi_Korai
holdmeinthestars
7thStar
Steven631897
I hope you all enjoy! :) ]