Chapter 11: The Enemy is Banning

(Author's Note: Special Mention to leidei30 haha my Angela buddy)

"Step back! Aarrggh!" Benedetta, as she tried lifting the sword and swing it hardly from left to right.

"Careful, you might hurt yourself. And don't shout too loud, Ellie might wake up."

"Darn that Diggie! It's supposed to be our secret. But how can I let anyone not see this? This is too big to be unnoticed," complained Benedetta, as she laid down the item on the floor.

 But how can I let anyone not see this? This is too big to be unnoticed," complained Benedetta, as she laid down the item on the floor

"Hmmmn. Nice sword though. Why do you think he gave that to you?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he knew my parents were both soldiers? Well, he said I'm strong. But I don't know where to get some strength for this thing. Heavier than I thought."

"Let me. I'll show you how to use it properly."

I picked up the sword and showed her a strong, full swing.

"Just like that. Your turn," I commanded.

"My turn? I can't even hold it properly."

"I'll teach you how. First, be sure to grasp it tightly," I demonstrated how to hold it properly. Then I handed over the sword to her, stood behind her and adjusted the grip of her hands so it would firmly clutch the sword.

But she still didn't get it correctly so I covered her hands and guided them with mine as we both held the sword's handle. "Like  this. And always consider this sword as part of your body. It's the basic of swordsmanship."

But Benedetta's thought seemed to be.... disoriented. I think I have to start showing the skill all over again. Dammit.

"Hey, are you alright? You're not listening, are you?"

"Ahm. No. I mean, yes. I'm listening," Benedetta reacted, as she showed me again how she wrongfully held the sword's pommel. "Like this, right?"

"Not exactly but fair enough."

 "I think that's enough. Can you teach me how to strike it now?" she requested.

"Okay. So you're right-handed. Now give me your hands. First, grip the sword with your right hand, like this, and grab the pommel with your left hand, like this," I instructed, as I guided her hands again with mine. "When striking, bring your left hand up past your eye, then come down, using your right hand to guide the blade and using the left hand to set the force into the blade. The right hand should be the axis or pivot."

"Okay. I'll try. But can you let go of my hands now?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Go ahead. Your turn."

Benedetta then forcefully swung the sword downward followed by a sideward strike.

"Good move. Now, practice your strikes. Don't weakly hit them, keep each and every swing full and powerful."

"I will. But we still have tomorrow for that. I want to rest, Super Minion. Thank you!" she said, as she went to me and kissed my right cheek.