45// Number 24

Playlist Number 3

I listened to the bell go off as I walked into the clinic. I walked into the main room we all hung out in the most, seeing three bodies. Deaton, Scott, and Isaac surprisingly.

"Why does it smell like that?" I heard Isaac ask the other two people in the room about the obviously hurt dog on the metal table. "What?" He asked when he saw the smirks Scott and destin were exchanging.

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago." The veterinarian replied. Scott finally looked up to me standing in the doorway, his shoulders sagging as he mustered up a small smile. "One day, he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better, and which were not." Deaton said, not seeming to notice the exchange between Scott and I.

I made my way to the three of them, putting a hand on Isaac's shoulder, silently greeting him. He jumped a bit, before relaxing knowing it was just me. "He's not getting better, is he? Like, cancer?" Isaac asked, ignoring my presence.

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it?" Deaton asked the dirty blonde werewolf, before looking to me and smiling.

"Come here." He said to Isaac. "I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you- improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others?" He questioned the boy.

"Give me your hand." The doctor commanded, the young beta easily listening.

"Go on." Deaton told him, stepping back after Isaac rested his hand on the dog.

He relaxed as the veins in his arms turned black. They traveled up his forearm, to his bicep causing the look on his face to turn to one of panic.

"What did I do?" He asked, stepping back, holding his hand. I gave him a smile knowing exactly what he did.

"You took some of his pain away." Scott answered him happily.

"Only a little bit. But, sometimes, a little can make quite a difference." The vet added. Isaac looked from his hand to the dog, releasing a big smile, that was very contagious. I couldn't help but smile at the young beta. He then covered his face obviously feeling a bit emotional. I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay. Scott cried the first time Deaton showed him how to do this too." I muttered remembering that day vividly. I looked at Scott who just smiled at the two of us.

•••••

"They're leaving tonight, during the game." Isaac spoke, looking between Scott and I. We were now the only ones in the room.

"So, why are you telling me?" Scott furrowed his eyebrows at the young werewolf in confusion. I'll never understand why he doesn't like Isaac.

"I'm not telling you- I'm asking you. I'm asking for your advice." The golden haired boy looked between Scott and I, he was more or so talking to Scott but we both knew I was going to give my own advice too.

"From me? Why?" Scott asked, almost sounding offended.

I rolled my eyes, letting a scoff slip past my lips. "Idiot. That's all I have to say." I spoke for the first time causing both of them to smile a bit at my usual bluntness.

"Because I trust you." Isaac shrugged, guiding the conversation back towards seriousness.

"Why?" The dark haired boy asked. I looked at him, with pure confusion. How can someone be so dumb?

"Because you always seem to want to do the right thing..." I nodded at the teenage boy's statement. Scott let out a breath, looking at the floor.

"I usually have no idea what I'm doing." He admitted truthfully. "Actually, I always have no idea what I'm doing." He added.