2// The Bite

Playlist Number 3

It's been a week since my dad died and I've been quarantining in my room. Thank god it's winter break and I have two weeks off from school. Not saying that it's healthy to be isolating from everyone I know. I haven't seen anyone since the accident. Not even my own family members. I've heard my phone buzz and I've ignored the knocks on my door. People have made their way into my room but I don't ever look their way.

It's not even a matter of how much love my dad and I held towards each other. There wasn't a whole lot of it. I loved him more than he loved me but that's the case with most of my family. It's an emptiness in my heart and a spot in this house that isn't filled anymore and it's eating me alive. The hurt of losing my father and watching him jump will forever be with me. But the hurt of knowing my mother had more to do with it than I'll ever truly know will haunt me forever.

The night keeps replaying in my head. Arriving at my home and watching everything crumble in my own hands. I blame her for everything. I blame her for my dads death. I blame her for the friendship she most likely ruined with my own best friend. Whenever she wasn't home my dad had a glass of whiskey in his hand. She was never home. I held my blanket right against my chest as I stared at my wall. Rafael ruined not one family but two. I hated him for what he did to Scott and now I wish something bad happens to him. I pray to god, every single night that he has to feel what I feel right now. Miserable. Guilty. Sad. I hope he wants to die as much as I do.

The doorbell rang. That wasn't new, it rings constantly. But it's usually once or twice when the person on the other side of the door gives up and leaves. It took ten seconds before it rang another time. I sighed blissfully, knowing this would be the last ring and they would leave. And then it rang again. I glared at my wall when it continued. Again. Again. Once more. Another time. My phone began buzzing on my bed side table. It matched the rings of the doorbell. A message buzzed every time the bell rang. I groaned, rolling over to grab the device.

'I'm giving you one minute to unlock the door before I break in.'

It was Stiles. I knew he wasn't kidding. He's done it before and it took a month for the maintenance crew to fix the broken window. For the first time in two weeks, I got up. I moved the covers and sat up straight. I pushed myself off the bed and when my door opened it only took a few seconds before my brothers door flung open too. I didn't look back and just walked down the stairs, listening to the doorbell annoyingly ring again and again. I unlocked the door and turned around.

Stiles opened the door and was right behind me. He was rambling but I couldn't hear him. Whether it was cause he was talking to fast or because I didn't want to hear him I didn't know. I heard his footsteps chasing after me and follow me into my room. I laid back down and felt the bed sink behind me. His mumbles consisted of 'are you okay' and 'I didn't even know if you were alive' and a bunch of more things in the same realm. I let out an annoyed sighed which caused him to stop talking.

The TV flicked on causing me to close my eyes in aggravation. He put on our favorite move- his favorite movie and sat peacefully watching it. Star Wars was the first movie we ever watched together. I was with him the moment he realized it was his favorite thing in the world and every time a new one came out I was the one sitting beside him while he excitedly put it on. Stiles was silent but when I felt a hand run through my hair I stiffened. My hair was greasy, tangly and absolutely disgusting. It didn't seem to bother him though as he continued.

I inhaled a deep breath and was tempted to push him away. I didn't deserve comfort and he was giving that to me. I didn't deserve to feel okay and he was acting like I was. I haven't slept much so when my eyes began to drift close, they shot open again. Don't fall asleep. I haven't allowed myself any sort of health care for a reason. Just because Stiles was here, that doesn't change. Except my eyes were closed and I didn't how to open them. I was relaxed and it didn't take long before I was sleeping.