21// Fight Harder

Playlist Number 3

I awkwardly walked up to Peter and Allison as Stiles watched from afar. If Peter saw Stiles he would know Scott's here. "Hey, Allison. I want to show you my dress. Let's go." I grabbed Allison's arm but he quickly grabbed my shoulder. "Why rush?" I shook his hand off of me and didn't let go of Allison. "Attention shoppers... To the owner of a blue Mazda, license plate-" Allison looked up listening to the voice coming through the overhead. "Did she just say a blue Mazda?" I swear, Scott's either the dumbest person I've ever met or the smartest. There's no in between. "5768. Your car is being towed." Allison gasped before running off. "That's my car."

"I have to say, Scott, I continue to be impressed with your ingenuity." Peter whispered quietly. I could still hear him as he was inches away from me. He was running his finger down my face and pulling my hair behind my ear. My breath hitched out of nervousness. I couldn't move. "Innocent people are going to start getting hurt. Should I start with Jackson maybe? What about Allison? Maybe even... Holland." At this point his face was by my ear as his gross cold breath hit my bare skin. My chest was heaving up and down. "Just remember... you can't be everywhere all the time." Stiles quickly walked up grabbing the back of my shirt and pulling me against him.

"We're done here."

•••••

I was at my house getting my stuff packed in a bag to head over to Scotts. Melissa offered to help me get ready and it meant a lot. My mother obviously wasn't going to. I walked down the stairs and for some reason she was home. "Where are you going?" She asked, looking at my bag. "Why aren't you at work?" I avoided her question. Ever since my dad died she hasn't been working as much which is no surprise it just means that she stopped screwing Rafael. She shrugged her shoulders and I kept walking towards the front door.

She reached out to grab my hand but I pulled away before she could, giving her a hateful glare. "Your formal is tonight right?" I nodded my head in response. "I- I can help you curl your hair or something." I scoffed and didn't even say anything. The last conversation we had, she told me she never wanted me. I walked out the door slamming it on the way out.

I arrived at Scott's house and Melissa immediately ran up to me. "I can't wait! Let me see your dress!" I giggled at her excitement and pulled it out of my bag. "Oh my- Holland..." She said almost speechless. Yeah, that was my reaction too.

We went upstairs to Scott's room and I pulled out my makeup and curling iron. She started curling my hair as I put on some light makeup. I mean it's more than I usually do but nothing special. I just put some light blush on with mascara. Which was normal but then I added a little eyeliner and lipgloss and filled my eyebrows in a little more. After Melissa fueled my hair she pulled half of it up into a high ponytail and then pulled out a few pieces to frame my face. Scott was laying in his bed watching us. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked like he had so many questions. I ignored the look and grabbed my dress and heels off of his bed.

I closed the bathroom door and put the dress on. It was a navy blue dress that was converted in black sparkles. It was strapless and was tight at the top but when it got to my waist it lightly slowed down to about my mid thigh. I put a necklace on that my dad got me a few months before he died. I haven't worn it yet but it's a silver chain with a small silver heart attached to it. Basic, but it was from my dad. I then slid my black heels on. I don't wear heels like ever so this was slightly weird and uncomfortable.

I walked out of the bathroom and Scott's eyes widened. "You look pretty." He gave me a smile and started to put his suit on. "Why thank you." We both let out a small laugh before Melissa came in again. "I was speechless when I saw the dress on its own but now that it's on you... you look stunning." I gave her a smile and raised my eyebrows. "Thanks to you! I think my hair really pulls it all together."