13// Left for Dead

Playlist Number 2

Stiles grabbed my arm pulling me into the school. I can't breathe. What the hell just happened. Derek's not dead, he can't be. "Stiles lock it!" I turned around to face Scott and Stiles who were holding the door shut. "Do I look like I have a key to lock it with." Stiles looked outside and he looked like he got an idea. If he's looking outside then it's a stupid one considering there is an alpha outside. He glanced at me before pushing the doors open. I ran towards him but Scott tackled me holding me back. "Stiles! Don't! Please... don't leave!" I watched as Stiles ran outside grabbing the bolt cutters.

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked further behind Stiles to see the alpha running at him. "No... Stiles!!! Run!!" I screamed as loud as I could as I watched the one person that I care about most in the world run for his life. He shut the doors behind them, locking it with bolt cutters. I stood there looking at him in pure anger. He could've died out there. All of a sudden I couldn't move and on top of that I still couldn't breathe.

Holland, you are stronger than this come on! "Holland lets go!" Stiles grabbed my hand and pulled me but I quickly fell to the ground. I managed to look up at him. "I-I don't think I can. You uh- oh my god. Derek's- I can't." Stiles quickly grabbed my arm pulling me up. "I know but you're going to be dead too if you don't run. You're Holland Cooper so get up and save our asses, okay?" I nodded my head and intertwined our fingers and started running.

We followed Scott around a corner and watched him go into a classroom. I could hear it break through the doors behind us. I ran my hands through my hair as I held back tears in the classroom. Stiles put a chair underneath the door handle. "That's not going to hold it is it?" Scott looked at Stiles who was slightly shaking his head. "The desk!" I watched as they went over to the desk and shook my head. "The door is not going to hold him." They nodded in agreement.

I walked up to Stiles and started repeatedly hitting him in the chest. "What the hell is wrong with you!" He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back a little but still held onto me. "I could've lost you! I could've lost the only person that I-" I quickly stopped my statement before giving him a hateful glare. "That you what?" I let out a shaky sigh and then bit my lip. No crying Holland. You've already got that done and over with for the next couple months at least. "That I care about. A lot. You, Landon  and Scott? You're all I have left now, so stop being a hero!" He didn't give me much time to say anything else before pulling me into a hug. I quickly relaxed as much as I could at the moment at his touch. I squeezed the back of his shirt tightly in my hands as I shut my eyes.

•••••

"It's your boss." I closed my eyes in disappointment. Stiles was right. "No." Come on Scott it's so obvious. "Yes! Murdering psycho-Werewolf." I looked down at the floor. I can finally move at least. I still feel like someone's stabbing me in the chest but it'll pass. Hopefully. "That can't be..." I rolled my eyes at Scott. Now is not the time to be hopeful. "Oh, come on! He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him." I'm going to punch Scott myself. I let out a shaky breath before answering Scott. "He killed Derek." I choked and my voice broke halfway through my sentence as Scott shook his head. "No. Derek's not dead, he can't be dead." I narrowed my eyes at him as I walked forward. "He is dead Scott! He died and we watched him die and we couldn't do shit. We couldn't do anything to help him! That's not our fault though okay? Right now the only thing we can do is fight like hell to make sure we stay alive." I put my hands on his shoulders as he nodded. His face was filled with fear and mine probably was too.

We're all scared.

Scott walked over to the windows in the classroom and pointed at the lock. "Good?" I shook my head but Stiles answered for me. "They don't open. The school's climate-controlled." Scott gave him an obvious look "Then we break it." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Which would make a lot of noise." I wasn't standing anywhere near them. They were standing at the windows and I was further behind them. "Then we run. Really fast." He glanced around and his eyes landed on the light blue jeep.