1// Daddy's Gone

Playlist Number 1

Tw: This chapter may include subjects that can be triggering for some so just be aware.

"Holland, are you up?" I heard my mom's voice echo from downstairs. She asks me that every morning as if I've ever not woken up from my alarm. I'm pretty sure she's convinced that she's the one who wakes me up every morning when she yells that.

I practically always wake up from my alarm, if not because I want to graduate high school then because my best friends would kill me if I left them alone at that hellhole. My dad also wants me to grow up and be super successful. I try to do good and keep straight A's along with extracurricular activities so I can get into a good college. I want to be a pediatric surgeon to help kids which surprises people. I don't seem like the happy-go-lucky type who likes kids but ever since I was little I knew I wanted to help people. I just didn't know how until I learned about doctors who are able to help kids. They just start their lives and are given health issues or injure themselves and I want to be able to give them the assurance of being able to live a full life. No one deserves to die but no one deserves to die especially when they haven't lived.

I pulled myself out of bed, feeling the cold air hit my bare arms and suddenly I wanted to crawl back into bed. That wasn't a normal feeling I got but I shook it off, deciding I was just tired or something. I took my clothes off, getting into the shower and hoped it would get rid of the eerie feeling that ran through my body. The water hit my back, warming up my arms that were freezing and my blood that had ran cold. I didn't have much time so I rushed in the shower not allowing myself to get lost in my thoughts under the hot water like I usually did. I practically sped washed everything before getting out.

I put on black mom jeans that had holes in the knees along with a tight grey turtleneck and then threw on my black and white Jordan 1's and called it good. I used the remainder of my time, blow drying and straightening my hair then threw on mascara and eyeliner as I didn't have much time for much else. I grabbed a jacket and jogged downstairs, grabbing an apple. I looked up at my mom giving her a smile and mumbling somewhat of a greeting. She raised her eyebrows, completely unamused.

"Could you take Landon to school today? Stiles is picking me up," I asked.

She looked at my younger brother who was eating cereal at the table innocently. She sighed, "I guess."

"I love you mom," I whispered giving her a small smile. She looked up at me and nodded.

"Oh my gosh Landon, I love you so much!" I said jokingly as I wrapped my arms around him from behind giving him a hug. He laughed and pushed me off of him.

"I love you more than anything in this whole world, Holland!" We both laughed as I pulled my phone out of my pocket seeing a text from Stiles telling me he's here.

I walked towards the front door when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned my head and saw my dad rushing. "Have a good day dad." I grinned brightly but it faded when he kept walking and didn't even bother to spare me a glance. I dropped my head and looked out the door trying to ignore the fact that my dads been ignoring me the past few days. Considering that he seemed to be the only sane parent I had, he needs to knock this bullshit off.

I opened the door and saw the light blue jeep I've learned to love so very much. Immediately, I put a smile back on my face as I saw my two favorite boys sitting in the drivers and passenger seat. Stiles immediately returned the smile as Scott opened his door and charged at me.

My eyes widened as I didn't really know what he was doing. He's never done this before. He wrapped his arms around my waist spinning me in the air. "I could sense the sadness on you from the car," he chuckled.