Chapter 50

Yesterday, Candice's father met Francis for the first time. He personally interviewed Candice's father and asked him a lot of questions related to his possible and future job. Before he left the office, Candice's father was accepted as the new stock manager of the company and he will start as soon he passes all of his requirements. Aside from his monthly salary, Francis also told him that he will give him a weekly bonus as long as he will never be late and he can give the documents he will ask for on time.

When Candice heard the good news from her father, she quickly texted Rhianne to thanked her. Rhianne also thanked Francis for accepting Candice's father for his company. But Francis refused to accept her gratitude. Her brother told her that he did not accept her friend's father in the company because of her. Francis gave him that position because he saw a huge potential and skills during their interview and Candice's father obviously knows what he should need to do if he will become a manager.

But still, Rhianne thanked her brother. Without Francis, maybe Candice's father was still in his previous job and receiving a small salary. Because she is in a good mood, Rhianne asked her brother what gift he wants to receive from her. Contrary to her expectation, Francis asked her for something absurd.

"Then do not let me see that brat again while I am staying in our house."

"...You are not leaving our house anytime soon though."

"Exactly."

"..."

Nevermind. Her brother becomes more unreasonable with each passing day. She thanked him again before texting with Candice and talk about their plans for the weekend.

'Rhianne, my mom said she wants to give you something as a thank you gift. She wants you to taste her specialty!'

'There is no need for her to thank me though. All I did was submit your father's resume to my brother. My brother said he can see that your father is a good and responsible man.'

'Right! But still, it was all thanks to you that my father got an opportunity to work in a good environment again. So please do not refuse my mom's gift. She is a good cook! I can guarantee that you will love my mom's cooking!'

Rhianne can't help but smile after reading Candice's text. She can really feel how proud her friend is of her parents.

'Alright! Just tell your mom not to make herself tired from making her specialty.'

'Of course! By the way, I want to ask you a question.'

'Hmm? What is it?'

'Rhianne, do you attended any charity projects or events in the Welfare Agency?'

When Rhianne saw Candice's reply, she suddenly remembered an important memory. She had already met the female lead five years ago! At that time, the young female lead hugged her so tight even though they do not know each other. She was too excited because a kind couple adopted her as their foster child.

Rhianne is about to reply when she received another text. It was from Keith.

'White or pink?'

'Huh?'

'Choose. White or pink?'

'Ugh... Pink?'

'Not sure about it?'

'Alright. I choose pink. What are you asking me anyway?'

'Nothing. Just casually asking you. By the way, I will visit you this coming weekend. My brother wants me to deliver you something.'