Chapter 59

In all honesty, Rhianne has zero knowledge when it comes to dating and romance. All the things she knows in this field all came from the romance books and stories online she read before. All those books gave her a small idea about the concept as well as the process of dating between two people. Still, it is not enough for her to truly understand it emotionally.

Rhianne is still struggling when it comes to dating. There is still a shadow in her heart that gives birth to a mentality that makes her think no one will ever want to date her. Thinking about it, Rhianne died single and had no boyfriend since birth in her past life. No one also attempted to approach her or show any romantic interest in her. 

She is not pretty and charismatic to be approached by men of her age in her past life. She is just that invisible girl in the background who always watched her peers getting in love and lovey-dovey with each other.

Still, she believes her obliviousness lessened a bit these past few years. She can now at least see how dating really works. Although Rhianne is still a novice, at least she is now aware of Keith's presence as well as his intentions. 

And it was all thanks again to her romance books and Doctor Calvin. Yes, that's right. That annoying doctor who also happens to be Keith's older brother. He is the one who patiently discusses these things with Rhianne.

Rhianne suddenly remembered how it all started. She just finished her monthly check-up at that time when Doctor Calvin asked her when will she becomes his real sister-in-law. Ever since Keith confessed to her, Doctor Calvin is now calling her sister-in-law in every chance he gets which motivates her brother Francis to beat that doctor all the time. 

Trying to surprise the doctor even once, Rhianne casually asked him how is it possible for her to know whether she is in love or not. Rhianne was not really expecting a reply at that time. Keith snitched to her that his brother never had a serious relationship before. She was just trying her luck to turn the tables and make the doctor struggle a bit. 

And guess what? Who would have thought that Doctor Calvin will give her a piece of advice? And that doctor gave her a piece of serious advice and not just his usual joking answers. But what really surprised Rhianne was Doctor Calvin's calmness as if the words he was telling her at that time were based on his own experience. 

Doctor Calvin told her that she will not receive any warning if she will have feelings for someone or not. It is not something that you can postpone or reschedule just because you are not ready to feel it yet. Having feelings for someone will just surprise you and it is up to you whether to welcome those feelings or deny them until you regret them.  

When Dr. Calvin saw her dumbfounded expression, the doctor just pinched her cheeks until they turned red. After being her personal doctor for years, Calvin can now easily read her like an open book. He can clearly see the confusion in her eyes.

Without her asking him more questions, Doctor Calvin decided to be her counselor and gave more answers to her question. He is aware that Rhianne is very slow when it comes to the matter of feelings. Isn't that the reason why his little brother is struggling to pursue this girl?

Doctor Calvin told her that loving someone will make you feel weird and special at the same time. It is that kind of feeling where you suddenly want to change for the better not because the other people ask you but for the person you love the most. It also makes you feel mixed feelings which can prevent you from sleeping at night. Loving someone sometimes brings out the best of you most of the time. 

There is a part in Rhianne that can understand the doctor's word and yet she cannot totally comprehend it. And because Doctor Calvin's words kept on bugging her, Rhianne tried to give herself some time to think about her feelings and relationships with those people around her. Every night, Rhianne will always stare at the ceiling while analyzing her feelings one by one.