Chapter 35

"How did this happen?"

"Rhia..."

"No, wait. Let me think first."

"But—"

"Mr. Protagonist, please be quiet."

Seeing Rhianne acting like she is thinking of something important, Keith can't help but let out a sigh.

After finishing all the games for today's Sports Day, the students who participated in different games were assembled in the hall. The teachers together with the school director announced the winners on different sports they played earlier. Just like what she was expecting, their class won the trophy for men's basketball. With her Mr. Protagonist's skill, getting the first place is not a question anymore.

As for Mr. Villain's team, they got second place in men's volleyball. It is also a great achievement for the sophomores. Rhianne heard that Andrew lead their team until the very end. But unfortunately, the juniors have four players who were also a part of the school's varsity. But it was still a good game.

After announcing all the winners for today's games, they announced the special awards next. Rhianne got excited for her Mr. Protagonist. After they announce the name of her Mr. Protagonist, he will definitely build more self-confidence and more people will recognize him. Deep inside, Rhianne feels like a mother hen readying her baby chick to grow up strong and independent.

According to the rules, the students will vote for the person who they think deserves to win the title of this year's most handsome player in their school. Rhianne thought it was a ridiculous name at first. Maybe the author got lazy and decided not to make any more extravagant name for this award. Nevertheless, it is still the award that will help her Mr. Protagonist in the future.

After two hours of counting the votes, their teacher finally announced the winner. Rhianne was ready to jump in joy the moment she heard the name of her Mr. Protagonist. But this plan never happened. It was because the director announced a different name on stage.

It was Andrew Gartin who won the award. The director showed them the tally board to avoid any questions about their announcement. They were a total of nine people listed on the board. Andrew got a total score of 54 points.

When Rhianne searched for Keith's name, she saw that he only got one point. That one point was definitely her vote. Rhianne wrote his full name on a small piece of paper and dropped it on the ballot box earlier. But Rhianne cannot understand what happened this time.

Rhianne clearly read in the book that Keith Lancester won that award. She cannot forget it because the author clearly emphasized the details of it especially the reaction of the crowd. The weirdest part of it, Rhianne cannot remember that Andrew won this award nor he was also nominated and voted by the students. What happened to the original flow of the story?

After the assembly of the students, they were given three hours of free time before the dance party starts. As the students slowly disperse in the assembly hall, Rhianne takes this chance to ask their classmates why they did not vote for Keith. The answer she got from them is quite shocking.

"Because Keith already has you."

"Huh? What did you mean by that?"

"Well, you see. The other girls prefer to vote for a guy who is single. But because he already has you, we did not want to create any discord between you two so we decided to vote another guy."

"No! This is all a misunderstanding!"

"Rhianne, it was okay. We all mean it. We are not that bad to steal someone's boyfriend. And besides, it was obvious that Keith is not interested in other girls in our school aside from you."