Chapter 56

"Keith..."

"Do not worry, Rhia. We can go to another restaurant tonight."

"But Mr. Protagonist—"

"Wait. I think I should call my driver to fetch us here. Just give me a minute here."

"..."

"We can still proceed with our date tonight. Let me find another restaurant, okay?"

"..."

Rhianne cannot help but smile wryly when she saw Keith is obviously nervous about their unexpected situation. He may look calm on the outside, but the rapid movements of his eyes, as well as the thin layer of sweat on his forehead, will never lie. Rhianne grew up with Keith on her side all the time. Of course, she can already recognize if something is wrong with him or not.

Earlier, Rhianne left her house with Keith since he invited her for tonight's dinner. As for Candice, she stayed in their house because of her mother. Rhianne's mother told Candice to stay after knowing that she was one of the kids who previously stayed in their Welfare Agency. She wanted to know about Candice's life after she was adopted by her new parents.

Another reason why Rhianne and Keith left the house early was to avoid her brother. Francis will surely go against their plans for tonight and Keith will not be having any of it. He will just think of some ways how to face his sarcasm and hostility later after their date. What is more important for Keith tonight is to spend his time with his beloved girl.

But it seems like it is not Francis who wants to go against their plans tonight.

First. While they were in the car, the weather has suddenly changed. When they left Rhianne's house in the afternoon, the weather was still sunny and warm. But then that good weather suddenly turned cloudy when they were already halfway towards the restaurant's location that Keith reserved for tonight. The bright sky turns grey as they proceed with their plans. Before Rhianne can ask Keith about his plans for their small date, they heard the booming sound of thunder before the huge raindrops started to pour down.

Second. When they arrived at the restaurant, they did not expect that a lot of people had a reservation tonight. But Keith was not worried since he made a quick reservation a day before their date. But it turns out Keith made a huge mistake by writing the wrong date and time. Instead of tonight, he got confused with the dates and he made a reservation for next month.

The restaurant is unbelievably full of people tonight. Since the restaurant cannot accommodate them anymore, they had no choice but to leave and find another restaurant. Keith has a gloomy mood when he stepped out of the restaurant, but he quickly erased it since Rhianne is with him. Keith does not want his girl to see that he is having a problem with their date. Instead of getting upset, he should quickly make a solution before Rhianne becomes upset and disappointed with him.

Lastly, the car that he parked outside suddenly got a problem. After checking it, he discovered that two of his tires were flat. Keith let out a frustrated sigh before he facepalmed. What kind of bad luck is this anyway? Why does he need to experience all of it when he invited Rhianne for a date tonight?!

"Keith." Rhianne called his name again.

"...Hmm?" Keith hummed as he try to send a quick message to their family driver.

"You do not have to call your driver."

"What?" Keith asked. This time, he stared at Rhianne with confused eyes. "Do you want to be stranded here inside the car in the middle of this heavy rain?"

"Of course not." Rhianne softly answered. "But being in a bad mood in this kind of situation will not help us either."

"..."