Chapter 39

"Andrew, you should take good care of yourself. Okay?"

"Alright. I will listen to you."

"You should eat a lot of healthy food and it should be on time. You should also try to complete eight hours of sleep every day. Sleep and eating healthy foods is important for a grown man like you."

Andrew did not know whether to cry or laugh. Ever since Rhianne saw him today, she kept firing him a lot of advice on how he should take good care of himself. Andrew saw the deadpanned expression of Keith who was standing behind Rhianne. It seems like she really had this habit of acting like an auntie to anyone.

"I heard the weather in abroad is different from this city. Do not forget to wear your jacket when the weather is too cold. And also drink a lot of water so you can avoid dehydration and dry skin. Okay?"

"I get it, Little Auntie Rhianne. You can stop now."

"Hey! Who are you calling Little Auntie?!"

Instead of bickering back, Andrew put his hand on Rhianne's head and gently pats her hair. Rhianne pursed her lips but she did not try to remove his hands. When he looked at Keith again, Andrew saw his displeased expression. This put a small smile on Andrew's face.

After a few more minutes of waiting at the airport, it was time for Andrew to go. Today was the day he will go abroad and stay with his auntie who lives there. Rhianne met Andrew's auntie last week and she is a very kind lady. She will surely take good care of him.

It's been a week since Andrew revealed everything that happened with him to Rhianne. For the past few days, a lot of things had happened. Andrew's mom was sentenced to ten years of imprisonment. That is because the investigators discovered that his mom was abusing him for almost three years.

Andrew did not show up on his mom's trial in court. Even though he loathed his mother too much, she was still the woman who gave birth to him in this world. He does not want to see how the police put handcuffs on his mother and pulled her inside the jail. In the end, it was his auntie who attended his mother's trial.

Andrew also finished the documents he needed for school transfer. He will transfer to the same school where his cousins were attending. As for their properties in this city, it will be transferred in Andrew's name once he reaches the legal age.

And lastly, his relationship with Keith and Rhianne became a little better. Rhianne was not avoiding Andrew unlike before. She was now treating him like a true friend. Though they do not have any similarities, the relationship between Keith and Andrew also became milder.

For the whole week, Rhianne noticed that Andrew was showing them not a practiced smile but a real smile. It seems like his burden was now gone and he can now finally do whatever he wants. When Rhianne apologized to Andrew about her weird behaviors towards him, he just dismissed it as if what she did was nothing. It was good that Andrew forgave her quickly and told her to forget about it since he never took her actions to his heart. After knowing his kindness, she prays in her heart that Andrew will always be happy and free of worries and pain.

"I have to go now, Rhianne." Andrew said.

"You should always take good care of yourself, okay?"

"I know."

Rhianne gets something from her small bag and gave it to Andrew. It was a small card that contains all of her contact information.

"My phone number, email address, and social media accounts were written there. Contact me once you arrived there."

"You really want me to contact you?"

"Of course! We're now friends, right?"

"Ah." Andrew looked at the card in his hand. "Rhianne, are you not afraid that you will get into trouble once we become close with each other?"