Chapter 40

That night, Andrew had a dream. That dream was very long and very realistic. As if he really experienced it himself.

In that dream, Andrew can see himself befriending a little girl who was standing proudly beside her brother. It was Rhianne. He was trying to get close to that girl. And in just a few minutes, Andrew succeeded befriending that girl.

He was following his mother's orders. She was a woman who will do anything just to be a part of high society. She was a woman who loves money and fame. As her son, Andrew obediently followed her orders. Unfortunately for his mother, she died in a car accident. But his mother's words were still lingering in his head.

'Steal other people's fortune.'

'You should become the most powerful.'

'Hurt other people if that what it takes for you to achieved your goals.'

'You should always be on top! Never let those people dragged you down!'

That is why he decided to pursue her mother's original plans and tried to get close to Rhianne. The Cartel family is well-known in high society. They have a lot of business not only in their city but also in abroad. Because of that, they were considered as one of the richest and powerful families in their city.

After their first meeting, Rhianne always demanded to meet with Andrew. Though she was sweet and kind, Rhianne was also a little proud princess. Maybe because she is a pampered little miss of the Cartel family. But Rhianne treated Andrew so well. In just a few weeks, she was more close to Andrew than to her own brother.

In truth, it was all because of Andrew. He was taking advantage of his position as Rhianne's friend to manipulate her ways of thinking. He was feeding her false information. He told Rhianne that she will be disposed of by her family because she was stupid and a good for nothing daughter of the Cartel family. Her brother was more brilliant than her so they will surely choose Francis in the future.

At first, Rhianne was doubting her friend. But after more persuasion, she believed him in the end. Rhianne was way more innocent and naive that Andrew can easily manipulate her ways of thinking. He also knew that Rhianne trusted him the most.

At school, Rhianne was always with Andrew all the time. She has no other friends aside from Andrew. There were two reasons for it. First, their classmates do not like her proud attitude. Second, it was because Andrew was secretly spreading more rumors so their classmates will hate Rhianne and make sure that no one will dare to become close with her aside from him.

Their relationship continued until they became adults. Andrew told Rhianne that she is the only girl he loves. After that, he courted Rhianne to show his 'sincerity' towards her. Of course, Rhianne believed him. In fact, Rhianne is in love with him. After a month of courtship, Rhianne and Andrew became a couple.

But Rhianne's family were against their relationship. Maybe it was because they had already noticed his two-faced personality so they do not want Rhianne to be more involved with him. But for Andrew, they were already late. Rhianne had fallen deep in his trap a long time ago.

When the Cartel family forced Rhianne to break up with Andrew, she became furious and mad towards her own family. She pushed them away while believing that they only wanted her to suffer. Rhianne even threatened them with her own life. Rhianne will kill herself if they still insist on breaking her up with her boyfriend.

Of course, they were scared that Rhianne will do it. She is their most beloved daughter and a treasure for them. When they saw the seriousness in Rhianne's eyes, they reluctantly agreed to Rhianne's wishes. As long as Rhianne stopped hurting herself, then they will do anything for her.