Chapter 9

'The hell is going on here?!'

The boy named Andrew looks at Rhianne with a small smile on his face. Andrew bows his head a little to greet them, but Rhianne did not bother to think about his polite actions and manners. If this happened before and she does not know who is that kid, she feels like she will think that Andrew is a sensible and a good boy. But Rhianne clearly knows his real color and personality behind that polite facade of his.

'You mean this is 'that' Andrew who will be the cause of Rhianne's misfortunes in the future?!'

Is this the scenario where Rhianne fell in love with Andrew at first sight?! The book mentioned that they were childhood friends, but the book did not give more details about it. The book only gave a vague description of their first meeting before it described how Andrew slowly manipulated Rhianne until they become adults. It turns out they became childhood friends because he is the son of her mother's friend.

Rhianne unconsciously hides her body behind his brother and clutches his shirt so tight. Francis and Carmie glanced at each other before Francis held Rhianne's hand to reassure her. They are both thinking that Rhianne is acting like this because she is still afraid to meet anyone aside from her family. After all, she still can't remember anything.

"Nice meeting you, Andrew." Francis said in a polite tone before looking at Janice. "It is a pleasure meeting one of my mom's friends. Unfortunately, Rhianne and I have an appointment today and we need to go now."

"Oh. Where are you two going?" Janice asked.

"We will be visiting one of our relatives today." Francis replied. "They are actually expecting for us to arrive so we cannot stay longer."

"Oh. That is unfortunate. I am thinking of making Carmie's children become friends with my Andrew." Janice said as she gently put a hand on her son's shoulder. "But it can't be helped. Let us just have a chat another time.

Rhianne did not know why, but she can feel Janice's gaze on her. She simply lowers her head to avoid Janice's gaze and hold her brother's hand tight. Carmie strictly reminded her brother to take good care of her and tell them to go home before dinner. Before leaving the living room, Rhianne turned her head to look at Andrew one more time. She is actually surprised to see him also looking at her with a smile on his face. As if he is really glad to see her in person. So there is only one thing running on Rhianne's head right now.

'The devil has finally come!'

As Rhianne and Francis leave them in the living room, Andrew's gaze lingered on Rhianne's back until her figure completely disappeared from his sight. Then his smile deepened as if Andrew witnessed something amusing just now. No one can tell what he is thinking at that moment.

To avoid suspicions from their guests, they decided to go somewhere and they decides to return before dinner. Francis helps his sister to get inside the car. He also gave a few instructions to the driver before looking at Rhianne.

"What happened, Rhianne? Are you feeling sick?" Francis asked in a worried voice.

"No. It is just... I am still not ready to see other people." Rhianne said as an excuse. "I... I am a bit scared meeting other people aside from those I always meet every day."

Francis nodded his head in understanding. He did not ask more questions to Rhianne. He simply changed the topic and talk with Rhianne about her daily activities these days.

Rhianne is really thankful that Francis did not notice her abnormality towards Andrew. Seeing the reason why the Cartel family meets a horrible fate sends shivers down her spine. Wanting to avoid it at all costs, she promised herself never to be involved with Andrew until the very end.

Rhianne did not notice that the car has finally stopped until Francis helps her to remove the seat belt. When they get out of the car, Rhianne roamed her eyes on the huge house in front of them. Rather than a house, it should be called a mansion since it is literally bigger than their villa.

"Is the person living here one of our relatives?" Rhianne can't help but ask.

He did tell their guests earlier that they will visit their relatives today. Although Francis did not mention it to her earlier, Rhianne is not against with the idea of meeting their relatives. Maybe a close relative of her parents are living in this huge mansion?

"Not a relative, but a friend of mine." Francis said. 

Rhianne looks at him with accusing eyes that are silently questioning him about his answer. He can't help but laugh at the sight. He put a hand on her head and gives her a few gentle pats.

"I just made an excuse earlier so we can leave them without any problem. And besides, I am really planning to leave with you today so we can visit my friend."

"Is your friend a girl?" Rhianne suddenly asked.

"Oh? Getting jealous that your precious brother will be paying attention to another girl aside from you?"

Rhianne scoffed when she heard Francis teasing him. Teasing and bantering with each other is another thing that happened between Francis and Rhianne for the past months. But she does not feel awkward about it. Maybe it is because of the remaining feelings that the original Rhianne Cartel left in the body that is engraved deeply through its system. Though she feels a little weird since Rhianne did not have any siblings in her past life.

"No. I will just give my deepest sympathy that she chooses a boy who is not charming and handsome enough. If I were her, I will quickly reject you. You are too ugly, brother!"

Of course, that is only a joke. Tim and Carmie are both good-looking, so naturally, Francis will inherit their good appearances too. Francis is a handsome young man. Though he looks aloof and stern most of the time, Francis still has a natural charm to attract other people around him.

Francis just laughed at Rhianne's answer before patting her hair again. He cannot detect any abnormalities with Rhianne unlike earlier. And it is good that she is not as tense as before. Francis praised himself as a considerate elder brother in his heart. He is about to inform someone to tell his friend that they would arrive when he heard a voice behind them.

"So you finally arrived."