Chapter 27

Rhianne wakes up early the next day. She plans to communicate with her Mr. Protagonist again and makeup with him. She is also willing to apologize for being harsh on him these past few days. After talking with Dr. Calvin yesterday, Rhianne was slowly getting convinced that she was indeed harsh with Keith even though he is quite sensitive.

'I just hope that Mr. Protagonist will forgive me though.'

After eating breakfast with her family, Francis and Rhianne get ready to go to their school. During the car ride, Francis tells Rhianne that if a certain doctor suddenly shows up again in their school and ask her to go with him, she will quickly refuse and leave him alone. 

When she returned home yesterday, Rhianne learned the truth that Dr. Calvin didn't really send a message to Francis to tell him that she was with him that day. Francis got worried and immediately call their mother and informed her that Rhianne was missing. It was their mother who told Francis that Dr. Calvin asked for her permission to pick up Rhianne from school and to eat lunch together.

When Francis asked Rhianne why did she choose to go with Dr. Calvin instead of waiting for him just like their original plan, she didn't hesitate to push all the blame to that childish doctor. In the first place, Dr. Calvin deceived her and even 'kidnap' her just to eat in a very expensive restaurant. Francis got mad at Calvin and quickly gave him a call. Rhianne can't hear what they are talking about until she heard Dr. Calvin's laughs on the other line.

She can roughly guess that the doctor was weaving another set of excuses and even dare to turn the tables by teasing Francis for his own entertainment. Rhianne was getting grateful to the author of this novel every time she witnessed how horrible Dr. Calvin's sense of humor was.

Rhianne's phone beeps once and a small notification shows up on her screen. She recently downloaded an app which can give her a daily prediction. Though Rhianne is not completely a believer of future predictions and fortune tellings, Rhianne still reads this kind of kinds of stuff for her own entertainment.

'Today is a good day! You will be having a lot of pleasant surprises that can make you smile for the whole day! So cheer up now and start your day with a positive energy!'

Rhianne raises an eyebrow after reading it. And what kind of pleasant surprise will make her smile for the whole day? Is there someone who will give her a bag of chocolate? Or maybe she will get a perfect score on their math exam today?

"Hmm? Did someone texted you?" Francis suddenly asked. "Did that brat bothering you again?"

"Brat? Who? Keith?" Rhianne asked.

"Yes. I thought you don't want to be friends with him?" inquired Francis.

"Who told you that?" queried Rhianne. "Of course, Keith is still my friend. We just had a small...misunderstanding."

"...Oh. I see."

"Why do look so disappointed, brother?" puzzled Rhianne as she looks at her brother. "You don't want me to be friends with Keith?"

"I didn't say that. But I guess I just don't like that brat." Francis vacillated.

"He's a good kid." assured Rhianne. "So stop criticizing my friend."

"You talk like an elder, you know." Francis chuckled. "Fine, I get it. As long as you're okay with your friend."

When they arrived at their school, Rhianne was surprised to see a lot of people in their school. There are cameras placed everywhere on the school grounds, students who wear different uniforms and costumes, people who lift huge boxes and placed it inside the vacant room, and a group of students are gathering around them while trying to peek inside a huge tent.