Chapter 57

After a thirty-minute ride, the two of them arrived at the nearest mall. Rhianne hold Keith's arm and pulls him with her until they arrived at the arcade center located on the second floor. She goes straight to the counter to buy a lot of tokens. After that, Rhianne stares at Keith with a silly smile on her face.

"Do you want to make a deal with me?" Rhianne asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"The person who will win in every game we play today can ask a simple wish to the loser."

"...What are we? Ten?"

"Oh? Are you scared to lose? Mr. Protagonist, I did not raise you to be a coward!"

"Stupid. You never raised me. It is my parents' role to raise me."

"That's not the point. So do you want it or not?"

"..."

"Deal?"

"Fine." Keith answered before letting out a sigh. "You better not regret your decision."

"The same goes for you, Mr. Protagonist!" Rhianne exclaimed with a beam.

And with those words as their signal, the two of them started their mini-battle inside the arcade. There are a lot of different games that they can place inside the arcade center. The two of them tried all of the games inside. But Rhianne and Keith spent most of their time in the basketball shooting area.

According to the rules, you can get a pair of stuffed bunnies if you reach the score of one thousand points in just ten minutes. At first, they are not interested in it. But when Keith saw the stuffed bunnies, he suddenly changed his mind and decided to give that game a try. His reason is just simple. The pink stuffed bunny has huge similar to the girl he likes. But he did not voice out his thoughts thinking that Rhianne will just deny it.

Removing his jacket, Keith gave it to Rhianne and told her to wait at the side. He does not want her to be accidentally hit by a ball. Putting the three tokens on the coin slot, Keith rolled his neck and shoulders first before he starts shooting the balls.

Rhianne's eyes widen in surprise when she saw how Keith played that game. He continuously shoots the balls and he is not missing a point. And he really makes it looks like an easy thing to do!

The male lead halo is indeed a powerful force.

After on the first level, Keith got one hundred and fifty-five points. When the second level started, the ring moved back and forth in slow motion. But just like in the first level, Keith continued shooting the balls as if it is still too easy for him.

Then a small group of people starts to gather behind them. They are now all watching Keith with interest in their eyes. When Rhianne saw a group of high schoolers who are looking at Keith with amazement in their eyes, she can't help but feel proud and happy for her Mr. Protagonist.

'See? He is now an amazing and man full of talents! My Mr. Protagonist is really the best!'

When level four started, Keith starts missing a lot of points. But his concentration is not faltering at all. He keeps his focus on the game while his arms and hands are busy shooting the balls. Before level five starts, Keith has now eight hundred and ninety-seven points.

"Go Mr. Protagonist! You can do it!" Rhianne cheers for him.

Keith took a peek at her before a small smile appeared on his face. Rolling his neck again, he starts shooting the balls again at a rapid speed when they heard the buzzing signal. For the last level, the ring is moving very fast and its movements are all unpredictable. Keith keeps on missing a few points but he still remained focused on the game. Fifteen seconds left and Keith still needs to have five points to finish the task.

Even the people behind them are now cheering for him. Drops of sweat are starting to drip from Keith's face but his focus is still on the ring. Five seconds left and he still has to shoot one more to finish the game. When Keith shoot the ball, it only hit the board and it bounced in Rhianne's direction. Catching it, she called his name and throws the ball at him.

Keith caught the ball with his two hands and he did not hesitate to shoot the ball again. One second left and the ball made a circular motion on the ring. Before the huge bell chimes, the ball dropped inside the ring and the screen behind it shows the exact points they needed to get the prize. Keith really made it.

"Mr. Protagonist!"

Due to her happiness, Rhianne wrapped her arms around Keith's neck while jumping. She ignored his sweaty arms and neck as she jumps in joy for his success. Even the people who are watching them from behind clapped their hands to congratulate him. Some even whistled while saying they are such a cute and lively couple.

Novel or not, he is really the male lead in Rhianne's eyes. Look! He can even do a lot of things! For other people, such luck will never happen to them. She can even bet that most of them will have a difficult time achieving a thousand points in just ten minutes.

"You are really the best, Mr. Protagonist! I am so happy for you!"

But Rhianne did not receive any answer from him. Confused, Rhianne pulled herself away and stares at him. Rhianne was surprised when she saw his red cheeks, ears, and neck. Did she accidentally suffocate him?

"Rhianne, you..." Keith whispered.

"Hmm? Are you alright?" Rhianne asked.

"Why are you-"

"Big sister! Big sister!"

"Yeah?"

Looking down, there is a little boy who is pulling Rhianne's shirt. He looks like a four or five years old kid. He looks at Keith first before staring at Rhianne with his round and glassy eyes.

"Are you lost?" Rhianne asked the boy in a soft voice.

"No."

"Oh."

"Big sister! You are so pretty!" The little boy complimented her while smiling at her.

"Aww. Thank you!"

Of course, Rhianne will never refuse any good compliments especially if it comes from a cute little kid like him.

"Big sister, please marry me!" The little boy suddenly declared. "Mommy said that I should marry a pretty girl!"

"Ooh! You are so sweet—"

"No."

After that, Rhianne felt someone's arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her towards him. Lifting her head, she saw Keith who has a serious expression on his face while looking at the boy. Though there are still a few drops of sweat on his forehead, he still remained handsome and attractive.

"Why not?" The little boy asked innocently.

"Because she will marry me in the future." Keith declared. "Now that you know this girl is not available anymore, you should start looking for your own girl to marry. I am very sure that you will find her soon."

Though the little boy is a little confused, he still nodded his head to show that he can understand him. His parents told him that stealing is bad. Since that handsome big brother told him that the pretty big sister will marry him, then he will not try to pursue her again. The little boy waved his small hands at Rhianne before he run towards his parents.

"Keith, you—"

"What? I am just telling the truth." Keith asked innocently. "Right?"

"Keith!"

"That's me. But why are is your face so red? Do you suddenly feel shy?"

Although Rhianne gives him a smack on his arm, Keith still shows her a victorious smile are seeing her face blushing so hard.