Chapter 47

Rhianne had a busy morning that day. They had two long quizzes that morning, one group activity, and individual research activity that she needed to pass before the day ends. After finishing their group activity, Rhianne rushed to the library to find the books she needed for references and finish her report papers on time. But unfortunately for her, the library is currently full of students.

After looking at the books she needed, Rhianne scanned the whole library again trying to find a vacant seat. While quietly looking around the library, a cheerful voice called her name.

"Rhianne, here! We have a vacant seat here for you!"

That cheerful voice is loud enough to attract every students' attention towards them. Some of the students glared at the man who calls her and he made a quiet apology to them. When she turned her head, she saw an energetic young man waving his hand in the air to catch her attention. Keith is sitting beside that young man and he is trying to put a distance between them. He is probably ashamed of that young man's action just now.

Rhianne quickly approached them so the young man would stop attracting more attention from the other students. Rhianne sits on a vacant chair in front of them. The first thing she noticed was Keith's frown on his face.

"What's wrong, Mr. Protagonist? Having a bad day?" She asked.

"Rhianne, help me to convince him!" The young man said. "Keith is trying to ignore me now! He is so heartless!"

"...So you are the culprit." Rhianne said.

This young man sitting beside Keith is one of his classmates. His name was Hansel Verdel. He is also the same man who accused her brother as a bastard who is tricking young ladies like her. Last year, he kept on hanging around Keith until they became friends without them knowing. He is also an energetic and talkative guy, a different contrast to Keith's calm personality.

"Rhianne, convince Keith in my place." Hansel said again. "Please! You are my only hope, Rhianne!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Listen to me first. One of our seniors reserved a bar owned by their family for our gathering this year. He decided to have a welcome party for the new students in our department. But Keith does not want to attend that gathering!"

"And? What's wrong with that?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Rhianne, are you not aware of Keith's popularity in our school? He is a well-known student now in our department! I think he also has a small fan club!"

"Of course, I know all of it. Mr. Protagonist is simply amazing, right?"

Keith, who is listening to them, looked at Hansel first before he stares at Rhianne's smiling face.

"I did not call you to praise him." complained Hansel. "What I want you to do is to convince him to come to our gathering this weekend!"

"But why are you trying to convince him anyway?" Rhianne asked again.

"Well, you see. Many of our freshmen have a crush on him. If the students will know that the famous Keith Lancester will attend the gathering, then more students in our department will also go to attend the gathering. The more, the merrier. Right?"

It is true that Keith is attracting the attention of the students in their school, especially girls from a different departments. Unlike the shy and timid boy she had met before, Keith slowly transformed into a confident and attractive young man. Aside from his family background and school achievements, his heterochromia eyes are really eye-catching which attracted the students' attention, whether it is boys or girls.