Chapter 19

There was only one sentence playing in Rhianne's head.

The devil has finally come to get her!

She can't understand it. Why was Andrew here? And he was also her classmate! Did it really happen in the novel? Did the book mentioned that they were also classmates before?

Thinking about it, that may be possible. Maybe because of it, Rhianne Cartel harbored more feelings for Andrew since they were classmates. Andrew can have a lot of time to show and manipulate the poor girl's feelings. That is so sly and evil!

Andrew stared at the girl who was the reason why he was here. Since he was already here, Andrew planned to be friends with her. He will try to deepen their friendship with each other.

And then after that...

Andrew looked at Rhianne for the last time. It was still early to do all of these things. It will be much better if he will try to slow his pace so Rhianne will not be too guarded around him.

"Hey. What happened to you?"

Rhianne flinched a little when Keith shook her shoulder a little to get her attention. He noticed that a thin layer of sweat was covering her forehead. Without a word, Keith grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped Rhianne's sweat. Keith carefully wiped Rhianne's face until her sweat was gone.

"Are you feeling sick? Is my brother not doing a good job as your doctor?" Keith seriously asked.

In his mind, Keith is already thinking about how he can scold his brother later. Auntie Carmie and Uncle Tim entrusted Rhianne in his care but he dares to neglect with his duty as her personal doctor? That is so unacceptable!

"Ah?"

"You look a little pale."

"It was nothing." Rhianne said as she waved her hand to dismiss the topic.

Rhianne tried to look calm even though she felt a little scared. Their adviser told Andrew to sit on the second row before he started discussing the contents of their school manual. She tried to act normal and listened to their adviser. She even lowered her head to avoid looking at Andrew while thinking of what to do next.

'So what should I do now?'

Rhianne assessed the situation carefully. Naturally, she was not following the original story. If she did, maybe Andrew and her are now friends. Best friends to be exact. But they never had any contact with each other aside from his first visit to their house with his mother. Ever since she transmigrated into this world, Rhianne tried to strengthen her relationship with her family. She even got the male lead as her friend.

Everything is different now. The Rhianne Cartel now is not walking in the path of destruction. She is not a naive and spoiled little lady anymore. She is now a girl who looks at the bigger picture. She is now a girl who has a goal and a dream to achieve in the future.

That's it! Rhianne will still avoid him. She may not totally ignore Andrew since they are classmates. But Rhianne will try to be civil to him and always remember not to be so close to him.

To be honest, Rhianne does not have a deeper reason to totally hate Andrew. The one who suffered from the original miserable fate is the real Rhianne Cartel. For her who takes over the body of Rhianne Cartel, she can only view those events as a passerby. But still, she is now living in a novel where the outcome is already done. What she can only do now is not to repeat Rhianne Cartel's mistakes.

While Rhianne was trying to accomplish all of these things, the silent Keith was also observing her. The expression of Rhianne while looking at their new classmate did not escape from his eyes. Also, that Andrew's gaze was focused only on Rhianne. Trying not to add anything to make Rhianne more distressed, he just kept his mouth shut.

When Keith tried to look at Andrew again, he saw that he was also looking at him. Andrew was simply looking at him, but Keith felt like Andrew is provoking him. Maybe it was just a feeling, but he still does not like it. Not even a bit. Keith's lips flattened and did not try to avoid his gaze. This continued until Rhianne poked Keith's arm.

"Are you listening to me?"

"What?"

"Mr. Protagonist, today is only the first day of school today, but your focus is not already here."

Keith stared at Rhianne with a weird look.

"I told you not to call me that."

"Huh? Ah! Sorry, I forgot." Rhianne said. "So Mr. Male Lead, want to eat with me later?"

"..."

"Mr. Male Lead?"

Keith wanted to complain, but when he realized that Rhianne was not really taking his words seriously, he just let out a sigh. Forget it. It was only a trivial matter. And not everyone will call him that anyway. Only Rhianne has the privilege to call him that.

"...Fine. I am afraid you will complain later if I do not go with you."

Rhianne only chuckled when she heard his answer. Children these days are not being honest. But that is totally okay. Mr. Protagonist is still young. Just let him do whatever he wants for now.

"Then we should eat a lot today! I hope the food in our cafeteria has braised chicken and potato salad partnered with a bowl of cream soup. Oh! We should not forget our dessert. We can have a slice of chocolate cake too."

"..."

"Mr. Male Lead?"

"Right. Food can always solve your problems."

Not for him, but for this pretty girl sitting next to him. While texting with Rhianne these past few days, Keith discovered that she is such a foodie. She likes to eat everything, especially desserts. He really wondered how come she still looks thin and petite despite eating a lot of food.

"Of course! I will never waste any food given to me though."

"Yeah, yeah. Let us go now." Keith said.

"Alright!"

And the male lead and the supporting character are their lunch together in the cafeteria.