Chapter 58

After resting for a bit, Keith talked to one of the staff so he can claim his prize. After a few minutes of waiting, the staff brought them a pair of stuffed bunnies wrapped in bubble wrap. It was a pair of black and pink bunnies. Their fluffy hands have a detachable magnet inside which made them look like they are holding a heart-shaped pillow with a carrot design on it in their fluffy hands. The stuffed bunnies are four meters in height and it was big enough to fit in Rhianne's arms.

Keith and Rhianne also claimed their other prizes from the games they did earlier. When they stepped out of the arcade center, Rhianne has two paper bags in her hands filled with small stuffed toys and keychains. She plans to distribute it with her family and classmates. As for Keith, he is holding the two stuffed bunnies in his arms and walking side by side with Rhianne.

"I can't believe I lost to you today." Rhianne said before sighing. "Now I want to take back my words earlier."

"It is too late for you to regret now, Rhia." Keith answered with a smile. "So you are going to fulfill my wish today?"

"Of course. A deal is a deal. So what is your wish?"

Keith did not answer immediately. He knows this girl never backed down in every deal they made in the past. Turning his head, he saw Rhianne looking at her with bright eyes. Soon, an idea suddenly appeared in his mind.

"Well?" Rhianne asked again.

"I will tell you later. For now, do you want to go there?" Keith asked then he motioned his head towards an ice cream parlor.

"Oh! Ice cream! Sure! Let's go!"

Walking inside, Rhianne goes straight to the counter to check what flavors are available on the menu. While Rhianne is busy looking at the menu, Keith scans the whole shop and quietly out a sigh. The shop is filled with couples on a date. But when he turned his head to look at the girl he is trying to pursue, he suddenly wants to facepalm if not for the stuffed bunnies in his arms.

As usual, this girl is too oblivious to her surroundings. The first thing she noticed when Keith pointed this shop is the different ice cream flavors this shop is offering. He already knows that she is the type of person who will never refuse any food especially dessert. It is no wonder that Rhianne's attention will be focused on those colorful ice creams instead of the sweet atmosphere because of the couples eating inside the shop.

"I will order the iced fruity bowl and chocolate swirl ice cream. How about you?" Rhianne asked then she looks at Keith.

"I will have the coffee ice cream." Keith replied.

"Alright!"

After ordering their ice creams, Rhianne choose a table near the entrance and they put their stuff on the vacant chair beside them. While waiting for their orders, Keith saw Rhianne looking at something inside her bag. Then with a satisfied smile on her face, she closed her bag again and looks at him.

"Mr. Protagonist, you are so cool earlier!" Rhianne praised him again. "You really look handsome while shooting those balls! No wonder the basketball team in our school wants to recruit you so bad!"

For the past years, Keith is already used to her endless praises towards him. She keeps on praising him until it becomes a normal occurrence between them. He sometimes wonders how can she always believe in him without knowing whether he will succeed or fail. Is she not afraid to be disappointed once he failed to meet her expectation?

"But Keith, how can you treat that little boy like that?" Rihanna finally asked. "That boy is too innocent. He obviously did not know what is the real meaning of marriage."

"Huh? What boy?"

"The little boy who asked me to marry him!" Rhianne reminded him.

"Oh. That little one."

"That boy is just complimenting me though. He does not mean any harm. Look! He even calls me pretty!"

"You are so beautiful, Rhianne. You are the most beautiful woman in my eyes."

"...Huh?"

"What? Am I not allowed to praise my 'girl' friend?" Keith cheekily asked.

In an instant, Rhianne's cheeks suddenly changed into a pretty shade of pink. Keith smiled victoriously seeing that he is now affecting her like this. This girl can easily accept praises from anyone. But when it is Keith's turn to compliment her, Rhianne will easily become a blushing beauty.

"Stop changing the topic!" Rhianne protested. "We are obviously talking about the little boy from earlier."

"He is still not allowed to ask you that." Keith finally said.

"What?"

"I haven't asked you that question yet. So how can I let someone else ask you that question even if it was a little boy?"

After saying those words, Keith's body suddenly tensed.

"..."

'Mr. Protagonist, is your head really okay? You are even jealous of a young boy.'

Rhianne's eyes stare blankly at Keith who is now awkwardly avoiding her gaze. Maybe Keith also realized the blunder he told her just now. Rhianne does not know whether she will laugh or cry after that statement. Why is he thinking in advance? Currently, they were still in college who have no stable jobs yet.

Since Rhianne did not finish the book she was reading before her accident in her past life, she has no idea how did the male lead pursued the female lead. Rhianne cannot compare his actions now since everything is not following the original story anymore. But if she will try to follow the original plot, Rhianne can imagine that Keith and Candice will become a power couple once they get together in the story.

'But that will not happen anymore, right? This is now my reality and Keith is now one of the important people for me.'

"Anyway, what do you want to do with these stuffed bunnies?" Keith changed their topic.

'Fine. Let's not make this day a difficult one for Mr. Protagonist.'

"You can have the black bunny while I keep the pink bunny." Rhianne said. "That way, we can have a remembrance for our date today."

"Date?"

"We are having a date today, right?" Rhianne asked with a knowing smile on her face.

"Yes! Yes, of course."

Keith just didn't expect it to hear from Rhianne herself. He thought she had already forgotten that it is their date today and she is just having fun with him just like the usual. Keith tries to keep his cool while looking at Rhianne who is staring at him with a pair of happy smiles.

"So for our date today, do you want us to act like these couples around us?" Rhianne innocently asked while pointing the couples to the table next to them.

"Wait, what?"

That really caught him off-guarded. So Rhianne is aware that the shop they entered is for couples only? What kind of miracle is this? Is the heaven finally recognizing his hardship and it is now trying to reward him?

"If you want, we can also share our ice cream too. Just like them." Then she secretly pointed her finger on the table not too far from them.

Turning his head, Keith saw a couple sharing a medium-sized ice cream bowl. Then the guy scooped a spoonful of ice cream and feed it to his girlfriend. After that, the girl kissed the guy on his cheek. Then they smiled at each other and continued eating their ice cream.

"..."

"Well? Do you want to try it too or not?" Rhianne cheekily asked.