Chapter 65

Tim clicked his tongue all of a sudden. Since they were talking about their children, Eugene did not miss his chance and finally asked about the relationship between their youngest children. Eugene did not hesitate to ask if he likes Keith for his beloved daughter. 

Unlike his eldest child, Tim is not biased with his observation. He is aware that Rhianne is really fond of that child. But it is obvious through Keith's actions that he is more attached to his daughter. They are like two peas in a pod that cannot be separated. His wife often says that the two of them are a package deal.

Tim knows that Keith is really good to his daughter. It is not wrong to say that he always pamper her in any possible way. But sometimes, it is funny to see that Rhianne is acting more like an older sister for Keith because of her endless reminders for him. 

When he first heard from Francis that Keith is finally courting his daughter, Tim is no longer surprised because he already expected it. What surprised him is Rhianne who finally noticed that boy's advances towards her. She finally becomes aware that Keith likes her more than just a friend or a sibling. Still, it did not hinder their good relationship and they can still be together without being awkward with each other. 

People always say that Carmie is the one who spoils their children the most. But contrary to their expectation, it was Tim who pampers them a lot, especially Rhianne. It is not just obvious because he can still remain strict and balanced towards his children's education. Tim pampers her a lot, but it does not mean he will unreasonably spoil her just like the others. 

So as the person who treasures his daughter the most, Tim feels complicated and a bit frustrated because of it. He knows that time will come when a man will definitely come to ask for his daughter's hand. But he is not yet ready for it. Just like Francis, Tim feels like Rhianne is still too young for these things. But Tim also knows that he cannot just stop his daughter forever and control her life.

Even without saying anything, Tim knows that Rhianne also likes Keith. It is just she is still taking her time in figuring out what she really wants to happen between them. And for that, Tim is thankful. At least his daughter is not trying to rush things that will make her regret in the future.

But before Tim can answer him, Eugene also gave his thoughts about his daughter. Eugene met her once when she visited their house in the past. He said Rhianne is a huge influence on their son's life. His timid personality slowly changed when he becomes friends with Rhianne. Keith slowly gains his self-confidence until he no longer finds any trouble in facing a stranger anymore. 

Aside from it, he also said that Rhianne is a smart, cheerful, and curious child. He once saw their children's interaction and it was such a funny sight. Rhianne and Keith can literally talk for hours without getting bored with each other. They can also jump from one topic to another without any problems. 

Rhianne sometimes teases Keith which makes his son feel a little complicated because he cannot make a comeback to her witty remarks. No wonder even his eldest son is having fun with his conversations with the Cartel's youngest child. And lastly, Rhianne has an infectious bubbly personality that makes his son smile so happy all the time.

When Tim heard all of it, pride quickly spread through his chest. He is really happy whenever someone praised his children in front of him, especially Rhianne. She is a very precious child that he raised with full attention and the pearl in his palm. All the good words they will say towards her will instantly become praise for him.

And while he was basking from it, Eugene finally told him that he really likes Rhianne. And if time will become favorable for them, then he will welcome her as his daughter-in-law with open arms. That really put a huge halt on Tim's part. Those children are not yet in a relationship but Eugene is already welcoming his daughter as his son's wife. 

For heaven's sake, they are still studying and too young for that. 

Eugene asked just to let his son to date his daughter. He even reassured him that Keith will never hurt Rhianne in any possible way. Tim even suspected that Keith asked for his father's help to court Rhianne, but Eugene swears that his son will never do it. He just got tired seeing his youngest son stressing so much about Tim and Francis while trying to win Rhianne's heart. 

But nevertheless, their conversation went well in the end. Tim honestly told Eugene that he has no problem with Keith since he knows that child will never harm his daughter. He also said that it was Rhianne who is going to be making the final decision and not him or Francis. Eugene also knows that and is just happy that he has no issue with his son. 

"But dad, why are you telling me these things?" Rhianne slowly asked.

"To let you know that I will never try to hinder you with your happiness. If that child will make you happy, then I have no issues in it as long as he will never make you unhappy or hurt you." Tim replied with a smile.

Having a relationship is something that Tim does not want to rob away from his daughter. As long as they are still looking out for Rhianne and give her healthy advice when she needs it, she is just going to be okay. And besides, Tim has nothing to say about it since he met Carmie when they are still in Rhianne's age. 

The car timingly stops in front of her school. Rhianne cannot contain her happiness and just give her father a hug. She is really lucky to have them as her family. Rhianne had already lost count of how many times she said thank you for giving such a wonderful family to her.

"Dad, thank you." Rhianne said with a bright smile.

"You are always welcome, my dear daughter." Tim said while patting her back. "Just remember not to overdo it, okay? And don't forget your studies."

"Of course, dad!" Rhianne quickly said. "I will later send you a copy of my grades in your email, dad! I maintained my good grades and my professor said that if I keep doing a good performance, I will definitely receive an award on our graduation."

"That's my daughter!" Tim proudly praised her.

"I have to go now, dad! See you later at dinner!"

After giving him a kiss on his cheek, Rhianne gets out of the car and happily waves her hand at him before she walks towards their school. Tim can only let out a sigh and shakes his head.

"Children can really grow up so fast." Tim said which makes his driver smile before starting the car's engine.