Chapter 18

Today is Rhianne's first day at school and Carmie personally drove the car for her. Francis left the house earlier without her because he still needs to guide his club members and prepare the registrations of the students who are interested in their club. Carmie kept on reminding her that if something is wrong, she would never hesitate to call her or Francis. Rhianne just simply nodded her head to show her mother that she understands.

After getting out of the car, Rhianne scanned the whole school with her eyes. Of course, the school of rich people is different from public schools. Daltine University is famous for its high level of teaching together with its expensive tuition fee. In short, this school was built only for rich people.

Rhianne reassured her mother for the last time before kissing her cheeks and waved her hands to say goodbye. According to the schedule list on her hand, Rhianne's classroom will be on the third floor. As she thinks of some ways to find her designated section, Rhianne heard her phone inside her bag beeped.

'Where are you?'

Rhianne raised a brow after reading his text.

'At school. Why?'

Keith did not reply after that. It does not bother her and put her phone inside the bag again. Rhianne wanted to find her classroom as soon as possible since her body is starting to feel sluggish due to the hot weather. Really, this body is so fragile. As she walked toward the bulletin board, someone bumped with her shoulder.

"Ah. Sorry...Rhianne?"

Surprisingly, the one who bumped her was none other than the male lead, Keith Tristan Lancester.

"You are also a student here? I never thought that I will see you here."

"..."

Rhianne was literally speechless at that moment. Mr. Protagonist's acting skills are so...plain. He delivered his lines without showing any emotions. And he did not give much force when they "accidentally" bumped with each other so it was obvious that it was intentional.

"...Yeah. So you are also a student here?"

Rhianne will pretend that she did not already know that Keith will be her schoolmate. For the sake of saving the male lead's poor acting of surprise and their friendship, she will pretend that she did not know a thing.

"Yeah. So what are your class and section?"

Without waiting for her reply, Keith snatched the paper she was holding.

"...."

"Surprisingly, we are classmates. Follow me."

'Mr. Protagonist, it is not really a surprise. I know that you planned all of it, you know.'

Nevertheless, Rhianne silently followed him. Rhianne can feel that the students were looking at them, especially the male lead. Surely, the male lead halo is too strong that he can attract the attention of those people around him. That was the latest trend that was happening lately in every novel, right? Arriving in their classroom, the loud chattering sound inside suddenly disappeared.

Both of them ignored the attention. Keith leads Rhianne to sit at the very last row near the window with him. Rhianne was used to sitting in the first row when she was a student before. But since the male lead wanted to sit here, then she will follow him to show that she is a good friend of his. And besides, she does not want to waste the male lead's thoughtfulness when he was leading the way for her.

"Since we are classmates, we should always help each other. If you can't understand a thing in our lesson, you can rely on me." Keith proudly said to Rhianne. He was confident that he can help her with every subject.

As the male lead, of course, one of his characteristics is being smart. Then It is a good thing for Rhianne. She Is a topnotcher in their class before, but there were some subjects that Rhianne surely hates to deal with, like Mathematics and Science.

Especially, Mathematics. She never had a good relationship with that subject even in her past life. Up until now. Maybe it was her destiny to be hated by several equations and numbers included on that subject.

"Okay. Then be prepared when I asked you to help me in the future." Rhianne said. "Especially in Math!"

"Sure."

"By the way, you are wearing a contact lens?"

"I told you. It will be annoying if people keep on staring at me."

Rhianne does not hesitate to ask the male lead about his eyes anymore. For Keith, since Rhianne is a friend, he does not need to hide it from her. He knows that Rhianne is just asking just because she was only curious. She is not like those kids that asked him because they have malicious intentions.

"It is a pity to hide your eyes though. You have a pair of beautiful eyes."

Rhianne can't help but sigh. He Is very handsome. Even though he is still a teenage boy, Keith has been already a handsome boy. What more in the future? Rhianne can understand his insecurities. After all, this male lead is still in his puberty stage.

'Mr. Protagonist, you should be confident with your looks. But don't worry, I will raise you to be a confident and mature male lead.'

The whole class did not wait long before the bell rang. When their adviser entered the classroom, the students inside became quiet. Their adviser called their names to check the attendance for today when suddenly, the door opened. A young man was standing outside and their adviser talked with him for a while. After that, their adviser leads the young man inside the class.

"This young man is an additional student in your class." Their adviser said and told the young man to introduce himself.

The young man scanned the whole room with his eyes until he saw the person sitting in the last row.

"I am Andrew Gartin. I hope that we can become friends." He said and shows a smile to the person he wanted to see the most.