Chapter 45

Rhianne was about to turn around when someone called her name. Before she can turn her head, a pair of slender arms suddenly wrapped around her body.

"Who..."

"I finally found you!"

Rhianne unconsciously caught the weight of the person who hugged her and the milkshake slipped from her hands. The person who suddenly embraced her is a petite woman with short hair. The petite woman buried her face on her shoulder and it seems like she was crying.

Rhianne was flabbergasted. She does not have any idea who is that woman hugging her. When she tried to release herself from the embrace, the woman tightened her arms around her waist. Rhianne also confirmed that the woman is crying because her shirt Is already soaked with her tears.

"Uhmm... Excuse me, miss? Ugh..."

"You...You are Rhianne Cartel, right?" The woman asked in a muffled voice.

"Yes. Uhmm... May I know who you are?"

The woman did not answer her question. When Rhianne turned her head, she saw Keith was stunned while looking at them. When Rhianne snapped her free hand in front of his face, Keith blinked his eyes twice before he quickly pulled the woman who is embracing her away from her.

"Who are you? Why are you attacking Rhianne? What is your intention towards her?"

"..."

'Mr. Protagonist, why are you interrogating her as if she is a criminal? That is not the right way how to ask a question to a girl, you know.'

The petite woman ignored Keith's questions. She wiped her tears using the back of her hand. When Rhianne saw it, she quickly gets a handkerchief from her bag and offered it to the woman. She looked at Rhianne first before accepting it and muttered a soft thank you. After wiping her tears, the woman pulled something from the inside of her pocket. She pulled an ID card from it and gave it to Rhianne.

"Oh! My missing ID!" Rhianne exclaimed in delight.

"You left it yesterday in the cafe near the university. I am a part-time worker there and I found it." The woman explained.

"I see. Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver!"

Now that she found her ID, Rhianne does not need to pay additional charges to make a replacement ID later. She Is actually reluctant to pay two dollars for the replacement fee. Keith recognized the expression on Rhianne's face and he can't help but shake his head. She literally came from one of the richest families in Finrel City and she is treated like a true princess all her life, yet Rhianne is still really happy now that she will not pay for a new school ID.

"No, you are the real lifesaver here." The woman murmured.

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember the woman you brought to the hospital before?"

"The woman I brought in the hospital..." Rhianne said in a low voice. Then her eyes widened in surprise. "Ah! The woman who lost consciousness in the mall! Yes, I remember. But what about her?"

"She is my mother."

"Oh, I see. You must be the girl who answered the call." Rhianne said with a smile. "How is she?"

"My mother is now in a good condition."

"Oh! That's good to hear!"

"Please let me say sincere thank you for saving my mother that day. If you did not help her, I do not know what will happen to my mother."

The woman's eyes became watery again. She remembered that day when she found her mother laying on the hospital bed. She was too pale and her temperature was quite high. A nurse told her that the patient was brought to the hospital on time and they had already given her medicine to lower down her fever.