Chapter 20

And just like that, three months had quickly passed. During these months, some things had happened. First, Andrew was approaching Rhianne whenever he found a chance. At first, Rhianne thought that he was just being polite so she did not give much thought to it.

Every day, Andrew will greet Rhianne with a charming smile on his face. It was to test how Rhianne will react to their interaction. Rhianne can't really be suspicious of him since Andrew had also greeted their other classmates. Because of it, she will also greet him back with a nervous smile.

When Andrew made sure that Rhianne is not really hostile towards him, he slowly started trying to make small talks with her. This made Rhianne so uncomfortable. So when she sensed Andrew's presence from far away, she will immediately hide behind Keith's tall figure.

Second, Keith acted like a big dog while guarding Rhianne against Andrew. At first, Keith was confused about Rhianne's actions lately. But after observing her and their surroundings, he wordlessly understands the situation. Keith thought that there is something between Rhianne and that Andrew.

For Keith, Rhianne is still that little girl adored by everyone. Because Rhianne is a pretty girl, not to mention that she is also a nice person, there is a huge tendency that someone might trick her. These reasons are enough for Keith to protect her.

In Keith's eyes, Rhianne is a naive little girl that needs someone to protect her. But in Rhianne's eyes, Keith is still a kid who is still undergoing in puberty stage. If these two will know each other's impressions, one will feel aggrieved while the other one will just laugh about it.

-//-//-

One afternoon, their teacher told them to go to the court to play and practice for the upcoming sports festival. Because Rhianne has a frail body, she is an exception to the class. Her only duty is to distribute the water bottles and towels for her classmates. When Rhianne had nothing else to do, she will sit on the bench while watching the boys in her class playing basketball with the male lead.

When the girls finished their practice in volleyball, they all gathered on the bench where Rhianne was currently sitting. Rhianne did her duty first before joining them. Rhianne has a good relationship with her classmates though she sometimes had a hard time conversing with them. But after a few weeks, Rhianne decided to treat them like a mother hen taking care of her chicks.

Since they are still young, it is natural for them to talk about girly kinds of stuff like desserts and jewelry. Of course, this also includes their crushes. Rhianne already noticed that half of the girls in her class have a crush on Keith. Rhianne thought that it is natural since he is the male lead. Not to mention that he is also a handsome boy.

"Rhianne, can I ask you a question?"

"Hm?"

A girl with two pigtails approached Rhianne who was quietly watching the game.

"Are you... Uhm..."

"...What is it?"

"Are you really Keith's girlfriend?"

"Huh?"

"Well... We all noticed that you and Keith are always together. You two are so close to each other. Not to mention that you are the only one who is allowed to sit next to him."

"...You like him, don't you?"

When the girl with two pigtails blushed in front of her, Rhianne already understands the situation. Rhianne thought that she is too close to Keith. Well, Keith is treating her so well. He always brings her food and helps her with their homework. He also makes sure that she feels comfortable and helps her to avoid Andrew.

Rhianne did not think too much about it. Deep in her heart, she treats Keith as a caring younger brother. But maybe it was different when someone looked at them from a different perspective.

"We do not have that kind of relationship. He is just looking out for me because as you have all know, I have a frail body. Also, his brother has been my personal doctor so maybe he is just asking Keith to take care of me."

Rhianne did not know if it is true, but she still said it to avoid any trouble in the future. She does not want to make any misunderstanding between the male lead and the female lead when they become a couple later. The male lead should be loyal and the female lead will be his first love.

"I see! So is it okay for me if I will approach him? I also want to be his friend."

"Why are you asking me this? You should be saying it to Keith himself." Rhianne said helplessly.

It seems like the girl also thinks that Rhianne was right. But she still thanked Rhianne for answering her question before joining her group of friends again. Rhianne watched the girl with a wry smile. She does not want to burst the happy bubble of that girl, but Rhianne thought that it will be hard to approach Keith since he does not like to be disturbed by their other classmates.

As the girls watched the boys playing basketball, Keith was having a serious battle with Andrew. Keith dribbled the ball while Andrew was guarding him. When Andrew tried to snatch the ball, Keith quickly dodged his hand.

"You really don't want me to snatch it, do you?" Andrew said with a smile.

"And why should I let you?"

"You should guard it well. Or else..."

Without waiting for Andrew to continue, Keith quickly moved to the left and ran towards the ring to shoot the ball. Deafening cheers from the girls sitting on the bench can be heard in the court. Andrew looked at Keith and no one can read what he was thinking at that time.

After their basketball game, Rhianne stand up from her seat and started distributing the towels to her classmates. Andrew received the towel from Rhianne with a smile. His fingers slightly slid from her hands, which made Rhianne have goosebumps. This exchange did not escape from Keith's eyes.

"Rhia."

Keith loudly called Rhianne's nickname. This made Andrew froze on his spot but quickly concealed it by smiling at Rhianne. Rhianne did not notice Andrew's action at all and approached Keith who called her. She gave Keith his towel, but he did not grab it.

"Mr. Protagonist?"

Not replying to her call, Keith opened his bottled water and drank the content of it. After drinking his water, he grabbed the other bottle in her hand. This confused Rhianne so much.

"Can you wipe my face?" Keith suddenly asked.

"Stop being lazy. Mr. Protagonist, you have a pair of hands."

"And that pair of hands are currently occupied."

Then he showed his hands holding their bottled water.

Rhianne pursed her lips. This male lead is getting good at speaking nonsense these days. Fine. For the sake of their good friendship, she will grant his request.

"Lower your head a little."

Keith bowed his head so Rhianne can reach for his head. While Rhianne was busy with her task and complaining about their height differences, Keith looked at Andrew's direction. His gazes were like a warning for Andrew to keep his distance away from Rhianne. Andrew did not say anything, but take a glimpse at Rhianne's side profile before leaving the court.