❂ 001. lost cause

•°. *࿐FORCE BOUND.

i.   LOST CAUSE

❛                       see, the man who stands upon the hill / he dreams of all the battles won

❛                  see, the man who stands upon
the hill / he dreams of all the battles won.   

FOUNDATIONS OF DECAY // MCR

FOUNDATIONS OF DECAY      //      MCR

EISHA NEVER LIKED CORUSCANT.

Four moon's orbited the planet, yet none were as brilliant as the single moon she left all those years ago on Vashunse. The planet's atmosphere was as thick as she remembered it, too — perhaps worse now after leaving for so long. She always did find it hard to breathe here: smoke filled her lungs with every breath she took. Of course, Corsucant had its glitter and glory; but she knew a thick crimson stained the planet. Beginning from the lowest levels, and all the way up to the pedestal the Republic placed the Jedi Temple upon. She didn't understand what all the fuss was about when she was first brought here, and despite its namesake, she still didn't.

She had missed home once when she was first brought to the Temple. Sixteen years later, the feeling remained — but for a different home, one she knew she wouldn't ever return to.

A home she never could return to.

Instead, she returned to the suffocating, political mess that Coruscant was. The beating heart of the Galactic Republic — brimming with its riches and high societies — was the same empty, gaping shell she remembered as a child. It entrapped the Galaxy in all its pretend glory. Yet, it chained her in a vice grip all the same.

It barely rained: since returning to the desolate planet, the downpour she stood in was the first she had seen. The planet was unnatural like that. No flora, no fauna: the concrete city's walls closed in on her more in each and every waking moment. She wasn't made for a world like this. Eisha Ree belonged to the stars, to the soft hands of the earth beneath her feet.

Well, she did once at least.

Standing in the downpour, the nineteen-year-old sniffled at the droplets gracing her skin. She shivered under the cold, but she'd never shelter away from the natural release that was now a phenomenon here. She might shiver now, but she'd miss it when it inevitably stopped. Besides, the rain was calm — it wasn't anything to run from, it was comforting.