All About You

"Yesterday, you asked me something I thought you knew. So I told you with a smile 'It's all about you'. Then you whispered in my ear and you told me too, said, 'You make my life worthwhile, it's all about you' and I would answer all your wishes, if you asked me to. But if you deny me one of your kisses, don't know what I'd do. So hold me close and say three words, like you used to do," (McFly, All About You).

Riker's POV

Scarlet sat across from me at the table with a flirty smile. Her I loved taking her out. It was simple yet each moment seemed priceless.

"Riker?" she asked sounding concerned.

"What is it Scarlet?" I asked.

She put her drinking down and leaned in slightly closer. "I know we've been having some," she hesitated, "complications. I just wanted to make sure things were okay."

"Scarlet, I am so in love with you. As long as you promise you feel the same, I'll continue to love you with the same intensity," I promised.

"Can I be honest with you?" she asked ignoring my comment. "You know I love you but because I love you I need to tell you this," she said.

I felt worry but nodded. "You can tell me anything, I'm listening."

She nodded. "Ross and I- I mean, sometimes he makes me feel this crazy thing I can't explain. It's impulse and insane and-"

"Scarlet," I almost whimpered. My heart ached at her every word.

"No, I need to finish. He makes me unable to think straight. I push him away, trust me I do because I love you, so much. I'm not the same person I am around him. Does that even make sense? It's like he knows how to manipulate me, I don't know. I-"

"Scarlet, I don't know why you're telling me this-"

"Because I trust you," she answered quickly. "You know me better than anyone and I don't know. Guilt fills my soul to be around either of you. I'm not this person. I could never cheat on someone I love and I love you so much, Riker," she told me. "What's wrong with me?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"Hey," I pleated. "Nothing is wrong with you. Can we just forget all this?"

She looked at me with a pained expression, "I don't know if I can do this anymore."

"Scarlet, don't say that," I begged. "I can't lose you."

"And I can't lose myself in this love triangle," she replied. "I've kept quiet all this time but I can't handle this suffocating feeling. Maybe I'm being selfish, I don't know. This isn't me," she cried.

"Baby," I said quietly. She looked down and away avoiding any eye contact. "Scarlet?" I whimpered.

She finally met my eyes and I saw all the pain. Ross and I had been ruining her life. She always acted strong and tried to do the right thing but it was breaking her. It was my fault.

"I'm sorry, Scarlet. You're breaking my heart, you can't quit on me. You're the most important person in my life, my greatest dream. I love you," I choked.

She smiled weakly, "I love you more."

I smiled feeling the slightest bit of relief and shook my head, "Not possible."

I reached over the table and placed a simple kiss on her lips. The simplicity was perfection and I felt that excitement in my heart that told me I was in love.

"Okay?" I asked.

She sighed with a smile and finally nodded.

"Alright, I'll be right back," I told her standing up.