Say You'll Stay

"It's summertime and you are all that's on my mind, everyday," (R5, Say You'll Stay).

Scarlet POV - Day III

I woke up and looked around the room. Sun came in through the glass doors leading out to the balcony. I noticed Rydel was still sleeping, what time was it? I grabbed my phone and saw it was 7:43. I quietly got up and walked out onto the balcony.

I watched as the waves crashed onto the shore. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, the wind went through my hair. It felt amazing, I had missed the beach and sun. New York was nice but a lot colder, I liked it lots but this was more like home.

I heard someone else come out of a room. It was either Ross or Riker. I payed no attention to them, they were probably out here to do what I was doing, just relax. His footsteps sounded like he was barefoot he came up behind me and hugged me.

He smelled of cologne and strawberries. I laughed knowing it was Riker. I looked down and studied his hands. He had told me he was interested in getting back together with me, I guess I had seen it coming but it threw me off.

We had never had any complications in our relationship but I wasn't sure if he was the same person. Much less if he would like me for the way I am or not.

"I've got a surprise for you," he sang.

I nodded and closed my eyes, "I'm listening."

"So we are going to Mexico," Riker bubbled. His grip loosened around me and he stood next to me. I looked up and gave him a confused look.

"Today?" I asked. That really was a surprise, "You're kidding right?"

"Nope, I hadn't told you because you are such a buzz kill I knew you wouldn't want to," he teased.

"Jerk," I said pushing him away. I laughed as he came back. I missed this, where feelings didn't matter, it was all unspoken and in the moment.

"So we leave at noon, get your things," he said.

I nodded, "But wait, how long will we be there and what part are we even going to?" I turned my back on the beach and looked at him.

"We will be there just two days, we are taking a plane to Puerto Vallarta," he explained. I nodded and walked inside.

I packed four changes of clothes and my swimsuit. I know we were only going to be there for the weekend but the Lynches were a messy bunch. After I was done I turned around and saw Rydel was also up. She was packing, like me.

"Did you know about this?" I asked.

Rydel looked up at me but continued what she was doing, "Of course I knew, Riker asked me to keep it a secret. I guess we all know, except for you that is."

I smiled and nodded sarcastically, "Perfect."

We all got our things together and I got dressed. I decided to wear a sundress, I had a white one with light blue stripes. I grabbed my floppy sun hat, it had a nice white bow around it, and I put it on. I grabbed my sunglasses and rested them on my dress.

I got all my things opened the door. Riker beat me to my suitcase and carried it down the stairs for me. Ross and Rocky were both sitting on the couch wearing swim trunks and tank tops like Riker. Ellington wore jeans and was sitting upside down on another couch.

Rydel came out of the room wearing shorts and a tank top. I felt slightly over dressed. After we all gathered we got into a bus and went to the airport.

"Did you like the surprise?' Ross asked me on the bus. He was sitting next to me after fighting with Riker about it.

"It's actually pretty cool, I've never been to Mexico," I began. "Wait, I don't actually have a passport. How am I supposed to get there?" I questioned.