Things Are Looking Up - Part II

"Even when I'm down had about enough. Lookin' at the ground. I couldn't find the star in the sky, but now that I found us things are lookin' up," (R5, Things Are Looking Up).

Scarlet's POV - Day VII

I walked away from Riker and as I passed the bathroom I was pulled inside. Rydel stood in front of me, her face filled with excitement.

"Oh my goodness spill!" she shouted in my face.

I laughed, "What are you talking about?"

"You and Riker of course! What else?"

"Rydel! We're in the bathroom," I said laughing at her.

"What happened in between you and Riker?" she interrogated ignoring my question.

I rolled my eyes but gave in. "Nothing, really. We just went out to eat," I said gently.

"To eat exactly what we have here?" she insisted raising her eyebrow.

I smiled and but my lip. "He asked me out yesterday. It was a date," I admitted. I looked around trying not to meet her eyes. Once I did a smile slipped on her face.

"I knew it. So how'd it go?" she asked.

"It was really nice," I said drifting off.

"And?" she pushed.

"And nothing." I laughed.

"You two went out and nothing exciting happened?" she asked in disbelief.

"Well maybe-" I began.

"Yeah so what was it?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend," I almost whispered.

She put her hands over her mouth and began to squirm. "So you guys are official now?"

"I didn't say I said yes," I stopped her.

"Wh- you said no?"

"I told him I'd think about it," I answered.

"And we're thinking. You're going to say yes right?" With everything that had happened with Ross I wasn't sure what to answer.

"I don't know if I can," I admitted.

"What do you mean?" she asked confused.

"Well, I did something," I hesitated. "Something I shouldn't have done. I'm not sure if it even meant anything but it happened."

She calmed down and her look turned gentle, "What happened?"

"Well..." I couldn't. "Ross and I kissed." I looked down and Rydel kept quiet.

"Hold on," she said. "So he... He kissed you?"

"Yes," I replied painfully.

"But you don't let him, did you?" she exclaimed.

"I did though," I said feeling ashamed.

"What are you going to do now?" she asked.

"I have no idea. I mean, what can I do?" I asked.

"Well first of all, did you enjoy the kiss?" she asked. I looked down and thought for a moment.

"Yes." I stopped, "No. I mean, honestly, the kiss was nice. But I love Riker and I'd never kiss anyone else again if it meant being with him."

"Then there is your answer. You love him and you should be with him. But if you really love him, you need to be honest with him," she advised.

"Of course," I replied.