Easy Love

"Even when times get tough, I don't want no easy love. I don't believe that nothing lasts forever and every time you're feeling down I know we're gonna work it out, and I know we can't live without each other," (R5, Easy Love).

Scarlet's POV

I knew Riker was angry. He had every right to be. I did something I should have never done, for many reasons. My one decision had hurt everyone, it was all my fault. I held Riker's face in my hands and stared into his eyes. There was sadness and heartbreak in them. Just as I had suspected, he had held it all in. That was the reason he reacted so aggressively, otherwise he would have never punched Ross.

"Scarlet," he choked.

My heart sank, "Shh." I reached and ran my fingers though his hair as my other hand dropped to his. I tried to show him how much I loved him, how sorry I was.

Riker began to shake his head as tears gathered in his eyes. He jerked away as they met his cheek and soon ran inside. I wanted to follow but I knew it wouldn't have been a good idea. He needed some time to think.

I turned around and saw Ross on the floor. There was blood on his face and he looked strongly upset. I walked over and helped him up. "I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that," I apologized.

"Scarlet, don't take all the blame. I did deserve this," he said.

I shook my head and studied his cuts and developing bruises. Riker must have been wearing rings and punched Ross with all his might. "Let's go get you cleaned up," I said.

We went inside and everyone stared. I felt ashamed. I looked down, avoiding any eye contact, and dragged Ross to the kitchen. I grabbed a towel and rinsed it in the sink as Ross sat on the counter. I came back and began to clean all the blood from his lips.

The cuts were deep and blood kept spilling. Frustration filled me and I threw the towel down. I brought my hands up to hide the tears that ran down my face. "I'm sorry," I cried. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"Come on, Scarlet. Do you really believe Riker thinks you did this to hurt him? Because I don't. It was an accident really, a mistake that was made by the both of us. I'm sure you've heard this all the time, but mistakes are made by everyone. No one is perfect," he comforted.

I bit my lip and fought the tears not knowing what to say. I guess he was right, but either way I still felt a strong sense of guilt. I hurt the person I loved the most and he didn't deserve it.

"Go talk to him, I'll sort things out with him later. He's had a second, now he needs you," Ross advised.

"Thank you," I mouthed. I walked around the kitchen island and went up to his room. I suddenly forgot how to knock, my heart raced as a knot built up in my throat. Swallowing the knot I finally found my voice and spoke up, "Riker?"

"Scar," he replied as his voice cracked.

"Let me in," I begged.

I heard him walk over and open the door. I looked up and saw the same uneasy look, except it was calmer like he was finished thinking. He turned and I followed him inside, closing the door behind me.

He sat down on his bed and I sat beside him, "What are you thinking?" I asked glancing up from my feet.

"I'm thinking I don't know what to think. I know I said I understood it was a mistake but," he drifted off.

"But it still hurts," I finished.

"Exactly."

"It hurts for me too," I said as tears unexpectedly came back to my eyes.