Things Are Looking Up - Part III

"I couldn't get it right until you opened up my eyes. You turned my whole world upside down," (R5, Things Are Looking Up).

Riker's POV - Day VIII

Scarlet and Ross had kissed. Just thinking about it made my head hurt. I wanted to think I understood but found myself avoiding time to let it really sink in. This also happened right under my nose and I hadn't even noticed. What I did think about was that I wanted to confront Ross about it but had no idea how to approach him. I couldn't say nothing, that could make it seem okay.

I decided I would try and focus on the positives in my life. Scarlet was now my girlfriend. I was happy about it, really happy.

"Can we visit your old house?" she asked pulling away from my embrace.

"Sure," I replied. "Why do you want to visit all of a sudden?" I asked.

"Remember our first kiss?" she asked. "In the rain, in your backyard.'

"I remember," I replied. She nodded and stood up.

We came down from the roof and walked inside hand in hand. Everyone was up they almost all stopped and stared. "Morning," I mumbled looking down at our hands.

As if it had been rejursed they all went back to what they were doing with a huge smile on their faces. I looked at Scarlet and she gave me a reassurring smile.

We walked over to the couch and sat down together. Ross had been watching TV and did a double take at us.

I was fighting the urge to feel cocky about having Scarlet on my arm. Ross pulled his foot onto his leg and placed his hand irritably on his face slightly turning away. I could feel his annoyance at our presence.

I stood up letting Scarlet go. "Hey, Ross," I began.

Scarlet slightly sat up and shot me a panicked look. I silently told her to calm down and she seemed hesitant.

"Yes, Riker?" he replied looking back and forth at us.

"Do you want to go out with Scarlet and I? We wanted to go back home for the day," I invited.

Ross seemed almost confused. "That's okay, you two go," he decided.

"I insist," I pushed.

"We should all go back," Scarlet spoke up.

After I invited the rest of my family I drove them over to our house. I wasn't sure why I hadn't thought of going back home before. It had been the point of the entire vacation but we never thought to actually do it.

We got out of the car an I felt as time caught up with me. I hadn't been home in a couple months, thanks to touring around the world.

I truly loved traveling, visiting different countries and meeting all kinds of different people. It was one of my passions and I loved it even more because I did it with the people I loved and making my other passion, music. I couldn't imagine living without it all.

I had been so lost in thought I noticed that everyone had already gone inside, except for Scarlet who stood in front of me. I looked down and studied her beautiful brown eyes. It was my favorite feature of hers. She smiled temporary breaking eye contact, noticing my admiration.

"What's the matter?" she wondered.

I chuckled and took her hands. "It all just seems so surreal."

"How come?" she asked. I thought for a moment. There were so many things I could have answered.

"Well, for one, you're here," I began. "We're here together," I corrected.

"I know," she replied. "I've really missed being home, being around you. It's hard to remember how great everything was in the past when you're always so busy. School hasn't allowed me to even sleep. I'm happy to be here."