Hold Me

"Just when I feel this crazy world is gonna bring me down, that's when your smile comes around ... I'm so grateful and thankful for all you've done, wish I could tell you in a short story or poem. But all I have is my voice and this guitar and you have my heart," (Jamie Grace, Hold Me).

Scarlet's POV

I sat up and stretched as I yawned. I was about to get up when Riker pulled me back. I yelped at the surprise but then let out a small giggle.

"Do get up just yet," he whispered in my ear. I smiled and allowed him to hold me. It was nice to be with him, it wasn't anything like when I was with Damian.

"Alright, honey. I'm going to start getting ready," I said untangling myself from him.

"We aren't going anywhere," he protested.

"Sure we are, we have a breakfast date," I paused and laughed at his sleepy face. "We were also going to go to my apartment, remember?"

"Right," he said sitting up.

I nodded and went on to pick out my clothing choosing simple light blue jeans and a white band tee shirt of the 1975. I went into the bathroom and changed as quickly as possible.

I walked out and saw Riker sitting on the edge of the bed with his eyes closed. I laughed and walked quietly towards him on the carpet floor. I reached him and sat down of his lap waking him up. He opened his eyes and smiled gently at me.

"I was just resting my eyes," he said with a chuckle.

I bit my lip and nodded. I got off and as he got dressed I did a simple make up to cover my imperfections.

I heard the bathroom door open, "Hey, Scarlet." I turned and saw Riker wearing a shirt that read 'I love my girlfriend' under a leather jacket. I smiled at the funny posture he forced to make his chest stick out.

"Well I don't have a tee shirt but I love you too," I told him as I got up to kiss him. I pulled on the unzipped collar of his jacket and kept him close. "You look really hot in this jacket," I flirted.

Riker's stare turned cocky in an instant. "I've been told."

I looked slightly away releasing his collar. The loss of attention caused him to weaken and he pulled me back by my wrists.

"I mean," he rushed. "Thank you. You also look amazing," he recovered. I laughed and kissed him for a second time.

"Mm, let's go now," I said after deciding I wasn't forgetting anything and pulling my own jacket on.

We went down and were distracted by the smell of food. We stopped at the hotel's restaurant and ordered some fancy pancake-like things and coffee.

After eating we drove over to my apartment. I opened the door and was hit by another wave of dust just like I had the day before. We went inside and began to work, well I did. Riker would walk around asking me what he could do and I would give him time consuming yet simple tasks.

When we finished clearing out most of the dust we went into my room and started unpacking my things.

"Woah, what is this?" Riker asked in a near shout. I turned and saw him holding an awfully reveling dance costume I wore for a performance last year. I pursed my lips and snatched it away.

"Don't look at it," I said laughing.

"Why do you have that?" he asked obviously making fun of me.

"It was a dance costume," I explained. "I think it should stay in storage," I said examining the horrid short dress.

Riker laughed and I tossed it into a nearby empty box which we continued to fill with embarrassing dance costumes.