Love Me Like That - Pt. I

"I wake up and my hair's a mess and I'm too lazy to get, to get dressed, yeah. I love the way you love me 'cause you love me like that," (Rydel Lynch, Love Me Like That).

Scarlet's POV

"Scarlet!" my mother called from downstairs. "There's someone on the phone for you." I wanted to ignore her and go back to moping but I knew it wouldn't have been very polite.

I stepped out of my room and walked into the kitchen. I gave her a weak smile and stared at the phone in her hand.

"I'm not available."

"Come on, it's a girl," my mother whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows and took the phone with shaky hands. "Hello?"

"Scarlet!" It was Rydel. What could she be calling for? I asked myself. "I was hoping to take you out. Is that okay?"

"Rydel? Out? Why?" I asked with confusion.

"I'm your best friend. I need to know you're okay," she replied. I sighed turning to stare out the window.

"I'm fine, Rydel," I said trying to sound convincing.

"Scarlet," she pushed. I looked down and noticed I had been wearing the same thing for two days.

I kept quiet. Not knowing what to say.

"Please? Just the two of us," she insisted.

I sighed. "I'm not dressed."

"That's alright. I'll help you pick something out," she said.

"Wh-" I hesitated and walked over to look out the window.

There she was, leaning against Ross's car and waving. "Hey!" she shouted. My eyes smiles at the sight of her bright face.

I hung up and opened the door. Rydel walked over and I noticed her expression turned worry some as she came closer.

"Oh my," she said taking my face in her hands.

"What is it?" I asked, struggling to sound normal.

"You look just like him," she mumbled.

I looked down as my heart dropped.

Him.

I gently took her hands off my face and lead her to my room. The carpet under my bare feet and the sound of my best friend walk behind me made me feel like I was home, and for the slightest second I forgot about Riker.

We went into the guest room and I felt my face burn at the sight of the mess. How could I have not noticed it before?

"Gosh, I'm sorry about the mess," I apologized trying to clean it up.

"Oh, don't worry about it, Scarlet. I have four brothers, remember? Trust me, this is nothing," she said pulling me away to my closet.

"When was the last time you showered?" she asked casually.

My face turned red for a second time. "Uh, do I smell bad?" I asked.

"No, no, no. I just meant, do you need to shower before going out?" she said with a giggle.

"Well, I showered last night," I replied.

"Great." She turned to me and smiled. "Your hair looks nice. Do you usually wear makeup?"

"Sometimes. Mascara is a daily, but foundation only when I need it," I replied.

"Honey, you may need a little foundation for your dark circles and you're looking a little puffy," she said politely, with no offense intended of course.

I smiled and nodded. "And what can I wear? All professional in fixing people, Rydel," I teased.

"Anything you like, we are going shopping," she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and studied her.

"What?" she asked.

"I thought you were going to try and convince me to get bad together with Riker," I blurted.

"No. I'm going to be your friend. What happens between you two is none of my business unless you want it to be. I'm here because I want you to be alright. That's why we're best friends right, Scar?" she asked.

I smiled and felt my eyes water. I wasn't really sure why but I no longer felt abandoned. Ross and Rydel had been so supportive in all this. "Thanks, Del."

"You are so very welcome," she replied.

After Rydel helped me get ready we went out to the nearest mall. We spent most of the day together and I could feel how much she cared. She must have felt bad that I fought with Riker, really I did too, and didn't want to loose me. 

We went window shopping and were typical to get Starbucks and the entire time she didn't mention any of her brothers once. 

"So are you going to come tomorrow?" she asked as the day ended and we walked towards her car.

I looked down. "I've been thinking about it, and I think I am going."

"That's so great!" she exclaimed.

"Just," I said stopping in place. "Please don't tell Riker. I- I'm going to your sleepover, to hang out with my best friend. Not to have any drama with boyfriends. So if you tell him anything, tell him that."

She nodded and smiled. "Of course."