Crazy For You

"I played it safe. I kept my foot up on the brake. I never really took a chance in life and didn't live for today. Oh girl, and then I met you," (R5, Crazy For You).

Ross's POV - Day V

Scarlet handed me the phone when we got home.

"Thanks?"

"Call her," she pushed.

"Who?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb, Ross. You know what I'm talking about."

I rolled my eyes, "Why?"

"Because you need to settle this," she explained.

I frowned but dialed her number. It began to ring and suddenly I became nervous.

"Hello?" she answered. I hesitated. Why did I call her? What would I say? "Hello?" she called stretching out the word.

"Br-Uh, hi," I stuttered.

"Who is this?" she asked.

"Ross," I said sheepishly.

"Oh," she said.

"Oh?" I asked.

"I mean hey, what's up?" she asked.

"Just thought I'd call and say hi," I said as I ran my fingers through my hair. Scarlet made eye contact and mouthed 'go on.'

"Well hi, I'm actually a little busy so-"

"Brooklyn, I'd really like to talk," I interrupted.

"What do you want to talk about?" she rushed.

"Brooklyn," I began. I noticed Scarlet was watching and stepped outside. "You know I really like you and this distance has-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. Ross, I have a boyfriend," she stated.

I kept quiet as embarrassment filled me.

"I'm sorry, Ross. What did you expect?" she said softening her tone.

"I-I don't know, I," I didn't know what to say.

"I should go. Bye Ross," she said as I heard her hang up.

I wanted to punch the wall and just throw a fit. I went inside and nearly threw the phone onto the counter. Scarlet flinched at my tantrum but I ignored her and stormed into the room. I lied down on my bed and buried my face in my pillow.

"Ross?" I heard behind the door.

"Go away," I said through the pillow. She opened the door anyway and sat down next to me.

"What happened?" she asked.

I groaned in response and turned the other way. I didn't want to talk about it, it was more embarrassing.

I felt her hand come down on my back, "Come on, Ross. Are you forgetting who was your best friend before you became famous?"

As much as I hated to admit it, she was right. I turned back around and stared at her.

She smiled giving me a reassuring look.

After a second I sighed and sat up. I slouched with my head under my shoulders. "Brook didn't even want to talk to me," I explained.

"Does that surprise you?" she asked.

"Well I," I stopped and thought. "Yes?" I tried. "No," I decided.

"Alright. Then if you weren't surprised why do you still think about her?" she asked.

I knew the answer to this one. "Because she made me feel something I never felt with anyone else," I answered.