~Dilucs special chapter Part 1.~

Diluc Special Chapter: Acquaintances Or something more? Part one.

(This took place days before you and Lumine were going to steal the holy Liar.)

"Morning (Y/n)!" The baker greeted you, holding some sweet donuts in his Basket. 

"Sup Gerald. Got business this morning?" you asked grabbing a hot steamy Cinnamon Carmel bread out of the Basket. He sighed, nodding his head. "Nonstop, we ran out before 4 in the morning. Say..what are you doing up at 5:00?" He asked, setting the Basket down at the outside counter. 

"Couldn't sleep, Paimon kept talking the whole night. I swear she is going to be the death of me," you confessed, making the man laugh. 

"Well, if you ever need a sleep helper we got the best Apple cider around."  He offered, causing your lips to plaster a small smile. " Can't say no to that, ever since Jean bought me a cup, have been addicted ever since," you confessed, taking a bite of your delicious bread.

"Jean has good taste since our cider has won the contest each year." He praised."Are you entering again?" You asked with a tilted head. 

"I do not know if we are having a festival this year." He confessed, causing your brows to furrow. "Why not?"

Gerald sighed, whipping his sweaty forehead with a white cloth. "Due to the StormTerror antics recently, townspeople have been too scared to go outside. Which is too bad since this year was gonna be my last." He finished, making you chuckle. 

"Wish I can retire." 

"Enjoy your life (Y/n). Getting old believe it or not sucks, just enjoy life while you can." He added, picking the basket back up. 

"Must be going, hungry customers await. Will you be okay by yourself?" He asked, making you nod. "Go and serve your customers, I'm just walking around." You reasured while a smile formed on his face. 

Waving him off, he went in with a huff while leaving you alone in the dark starry sky. 

Finish the last bite, you skipped down the road as your favorite dog Lucky followed you don't the street. 

You feed him, give him food, and love on him every time you go by. 

He's like your hype dog every morning before patrol. 

Kneeling towards his level, you petting his soft yet delicate head. 

His tail wagged, excited to see you while he licked your face. 

Laughing, you accidentally fell onto your but as he still licked your face. "Easy buddy!" you laughed out, making his tail wag more. 

He barked, getting off of you while spinning in a circle. "I'm sorry, I can't play right now I have the stuff to do.." You mumbled sadly, making him whimper. 

"I suppose that you can't spare a moment?" A familiar voice called out. 

Turning, you saw Kaeya standing with a smirk, having his arms crossed. 

Sighing, you patted the dog one last time before standing back up. "And what are doing up this early Kaeya?" 

He chuckled, patting down the fir on his clothing. "I could ask you the same thing Lady (Y/n), Trouble sleeping?"

Rolling your eyes, you faced away. "You could say that." He hummed, grinning ear to ear. "I see, you wouldn't mind sparing a moment for me?" Scoffing, you faced him again. "A-And why should I do that?" you asked, trying not to blush at his handsome exposed chest.