~Chapter 8~

Chapter 8: The Giant ass Tree.

"Hey, Lumine, (Y/n), What do you make of his story?" Paimon asked, floating in front of you both.

"The handsome bard seems suspicious, and he seems like a Weirdo. So we should keep an eye on him." you confirmed, making Lumine nod. "I agree, he looks too, cheery to be a well-standard bard."

"Well, Paimon thinks you are a weirdo too (Y/n)." she responded back, making you suddenly angry. 

"Hey! Says the floating midget with an attitude!" you snapped.

"Paimon does not have an attitude!"

Lumine and you just gave her a blank look, causing the small girl to be nervous.

Sulking, she looked to the ground. "I hate you all...."

"You know...."

Paimon and Lumine looked your way, seeing that you had your hand up to your chin.

"Know what?" Paimon asked, her head tilted a little.

"Not to be funny or anything, but his voice sounds very familiar...." 

"Familiar? I don't know....You're alone on that one..." She blankly stated, making your face turn angry again. "And what do you mean by that you little shit?!"

"That you're crazy! That's what!" Paimon snapped back, making you're fists clench.

"Well, he also said "The Symbol of Mondstadts Heroes." What could that be Paimon?" you asked, looking in her direction. 

"Hmmm..." She then put a finger onto her chin. "The Symbol of Mondstadts Heroes.....hmmm, let me think." She mumbled.

Then, the answer hit her. "Oh! Paimon knows! It's that huge tree we saw earlier today!"

You're head tilted. "A tree?"

Paimon whined. "You know, the gigantic one! You can't miss it (Y/n), surely you still remember?"

Wait a minute. 

Is it that Giant tree that towers over the land?

You thought it was just sitting there collecting sunlight and Soil. 

But, you were wrong. 

"Now that you explained it for my stupid head, I know what you're talking about."

Paimon sighed with relief. "For a second, I thought you were more stupid than the bard." 

"H-Hey! I'm not stupid! Just unknowledge! That's all!" you argued, making Paimon smirk.

"U-huh, I'll believe it when Hilichurls fly." 

"Enough guys, we have to get to him before something happens." Lumine spoke up, making the two of you face her. 

"She's right! Enough fighting and let's head off!" Paimon replied, as her and Lumine started to walk fourth. 

You were hesitant however, Venti didn't look harmful on the outside, but kind of worried. 

And you knew how much he cared for the creature.  But somehow, you didn't trust this bard. His voice sounded very familiar, like the one before you got sucked in here. Even during the StormTerror encounter, the same exact voice came right into your head. 

Sighing, you looked in Paimon and Lumines directions. They looked happier than usual, like excited to finally confront the bard.

But something in your gut is telling you to go alone.