Chapter Twenty-Seven

I knew that this would happen eventually. Alpha Verners little spies would find out about Seoul. Then he would make his move and when that happened it wouldn't just be us at risk. It would put everyone that we know and have come to love as well. 

My mind always tells me to run, vacate, save myself the heartache and leave before any one gets hurt. Leaving may be the safest option but I don't want to run anymore. I don't want to be a coward. I don't want my son to think that it is okay to run away from his problems.

The threat of war has been looming over us for a while now. 

I glance at the faces that surround me. Everyone here has a family. Everyone here has a future. Something that they all believe in fighting for.

My eyes fall to the dark blue string that is attached to his pinky.

"Alpha what do you want us to do with him?" Neve asked jerking his head towards the nameless guard.

"Do what you have to. Get him to talk." Mitilda ordered.

His string was blue when I met him five years ago. He had to be at least twenty-five then. If I've done my math right that would put his mate at being around fourteen. The same age that I was.

Moon Goddess give me strength

I push my way past Mitilda, Frank and Neve.  I hit the bars making them rattle. All talking ceases and the perps eyes are on me. He still has the same bored uninterested expression but i'm hoping I can change that.

"You know what, I am going to do you a solid." I said.

"Why would you help me?" He asks chuckling.

"How old is that mate of yours now? Fourteen? Fifteen?" I ask letting my disgust leak out. 

"You don't know anything!" He says jumping up and coming over to where I stand. His fist are balled up at his waist his eyes are dark.

"I know more than you think. Shes got long blond hair, emerald green eyes, flawless skin and is very athletic. Can't forget how smart she is." I taunt. 

"Shut up!" he seethes. 

"She has a boyfriend who she loves. She's praying that the moon goddess has paired her with him. Sadly she will be disappointed when she wakes up on her eighteenth birthday to find out that she's been paired with a thirty something year old man." I seethe back fighting to keep my voice level.

"You know nothing! I have had to sit and watch the girl that I am suppose to be with for the rest of my life grow up. She thinks of me as her uncle." He yells.

"Ah, so that's it. Daniel Verner threatened to harm her if you didn't play along with his master plan. If he hurt her before you got a chance to show her a different side of yourself it would all have been for nothing." I offer empathizing.

"So, here is what's going to happen. I am going to break your bond with her. If your not bonded together she can no longer be used as a leverage in this little war." I explain

"Please don't." He whispers.

"No, no I think I will. I want to spare that poor girls heart. The moon goddess mated her to a monster. Imagine having to tell your child bride that you kidnapped a girl, stripped her naked, then tossed her into a prison before hauling her upstairs to your alpha knowing what was going to happen." I offer trying to display an I don't care attitude. 

"Please, I can't loose her." He whispers

"Well, I do have a heart." I say messing with a loose strand of hair. 

"I'll do anything." He says. His voice is desperate and pleading. 

"Tell them everything that you know! Don't leave out a single detail and if they think for a second that you are leaving anything out you will see me again." I growl. Before he could reply I turn around and make my way to the steel door that we entered in through. A loud buzz and the door popped open. I couldn't get out fast enough. I ignored the voices calling out to me.

Once I was outside I felt like I could breath again. I haven't let myself get that emotional in a long time. I don't regret it though. I did what I had to do. 

War is war and business is business. 

"What the hell was that?" Mitilda demanded her face doesn't show anger but her voice is laced with rage.

"Mommy are you okay?" Seoul asked. His voice shows his concern.

"Once again what the hell was that?" Mitilda demanded. I remain silent. She shouldn't be yelling at me she should be thanking me. I just saved them a lot of time and resources.

"Alpha Mitilda lets go back to your house  and continue this conversation there." Jackson urges glancing between us. 

"Fine." Mitilda sighed. 

I fell behind letting Mitilda and Jackson lead the way. What am I going to tell her? What kind of explanation does she want? They know that I can see the strings. So, knowing that his mate is under age shouldn't have been a surprise. Was it the fact that I actually spoke to him? I mean that could be a shocker since the only person that I have even felt comfortable enough to speak to is Jackson. Even still that was during sex. Maybe she felt that I undermined her authority. 

Once, we were inside Mitilda didn't say a word. She went straight into the kitchen and started brewing tea. That alone told me that this was going to be a long conversation. 

Jackson left us alone to go put on a shirt. Seoul nestles himself into my side. I truly hate that he is apart of this. A child doesn't belong in the middle of a war. 

A pot of tea is sat on the coffee table  in front of us. Jackson comes down the hall, and takes his seat beside me. Mitilda pours herself a cup of tea and takes a sip. Its obvious that she is trying to calm herself down. 

"One, I appreciate your willingness to help but I gave the orders to my men to handle this guy. I didn't need you to step in and try to be the hero. You put everyone's safety at risk and undermined my authority." She started. 

I just sigh and nod. 

"Two, despite how timid you act you seemed to be very comfortable handling that type of situation. Have you had to interrogate someone before?" She ask. Her face is neutral but her voice gives her curiosity away. 

I bite the inside of my cheek. The answer to that question would force me to relive some of the worst days of my life. Do I want to tell them about the darkest parts of myself? Do I want to tell them about things that I am not proud of? Will they understand that I did what I had to do to survive?