Chapter Five

I don't know how many days have passed since the future alpha promised us our freedom. He hasn't come to see us since that night. I can't help but wonder does he plan on fulfilling his promise?

Sam grows weaker with every passing day. They don't feed him or offer him water. Every time one of the alphas warriors comes to fetch me. He manages to find the strength to demand that they leave me alone. He tries to defend my honor but he can't help me. Not from inside a cell. Not from an alpha who has his mind focused on one thing; producing an heir. 

My resolve hasn't changed but its slowly weakening. Being helplessly beaten and raped by an old man. Watching Sam be starved and taunted by the warriors of this pack. Unable to do anything about it. 

I lay down on the dirt floor. The blood from my nose drips on the floor. I think he might have broke it. I feel disgusting. I'm tired.  

"Hey, don't give up hope. I know your tired but Ash will save us." Sam says trying to plant some type of hope deep with in me even though he doesn't believe his own words. 

I offer him a fake smile that I've used so many times before.  I lay my head back down on the floor and let the aches, pains and bruises lull me off to sleep. 

"Hey! Hey! Wake up we gotta go!" Alpha Ash says yanking the cell door open and pulling me to my feet. 

"What's the plan?" Sam asks as Ash drags us through the prison. 

"A pack of rogues attacked our western boarder a few minutes ago. We are going to cross over into no mans land through the east side of the territory." Ash quickly explains. He crouches down and shifts into his wolf. He jerks his big head towards his back as to say "climb on". 

Sam hoist me up onto his mates back before climbing on himself. 

Ash, took off running at full speed. Expertly jumping over rocks and fallen tree limbs. Pushing his wolf to the limit running straight for the boarder. 

The goal is to be off the territory before they notice we are missing. 

Growls echoing behind us told me that we wouldn't be that lucky. The sound of his people turning against him doesn't slow him down a bit.

He is betraying his own people for our freedom. 

The growls grow closer. My heart beat quickens. My adrenaline is pumping. I glance behind me. Four blond wolves are right behind us. 

"He is going to have to throw us off." Sam yelled over the growling and dominance blanketing the air. 

Before I could respond, Ash bucked us off of his back and sent us soaring through the air. I hit the ground with a hard thud. I bite my tongue to suppress the groan daring to escape my throat. 

"Are you okay?" Sam asks scrambling over to where I landed. Quickly scanning me over for any injuries. 

The one thing that catches my attention above all is Ash's wolf standing in front of us. Willing to risk his life for us. 

A human soon takes his place. Ash stands tall. Every muscle in his body bulging. I'm not facing him but I can imagine that his eyes are coal black. 

"I future Alpha Ash Verner of the Salamander pack  reject my position and the people. I refuse to lead a group of individuals that are against homosexuality and that support kidnapping and raping children. Everyone here should be ashamed of what goes on with in the confines of our territory. I refuse to be apart of it." He yells at the warriors that chased us. He turns to us and sighs. 

"Lets get some where safe. You both need medical attention." Ash says.

"Carry her on your back. I think she dislocated her shoulder when she landed." Sam whispered. I looked at my shoulder to see that it was in fact laying weird. 

"Its not just that." The former alpha whispers. 

"Shes carrying the next in line to the alpha seat." He says with wide eyes.

"So, your father did succeed?" He ask. 

"Yes and I'm going to make sure that he never gets his hands on him." He growls. 

He succeeded. He has made me a teenage mother. Its going to be hard but I will take my son and run the first chance that I get.