Chapter Twenty

"Let us help you please." An elderly shop women pleaded looking at the newborn child I  hold protectively against my chest. I feel  warm blood trickling down my leg. An odd contrast with the cold air biting harshly into my skin.

"Listen, you have just given birth. You need to be looked at. Your child needs to be looked at. Its  the dead middle of winter neither of you will survive on the streets. Please let us help you." The shop keepers daughter  pleaded holding her hands up. Almost like she was afraid that I would run. The real question is where would I go?

I'm scared.  I'm scared for myself. I'm scared for my child.  

My feet moved without my consent. 

"I will always take care of you." The voice whispered.

I open my eyes to see that I'm on Mitildas plus couch. A handwoven blanket had been gently laid across my body. Its nice and cozy. 

Where is Seoul? I throw the blanket off of me and start frantically looking around. My heart relaxes when I see him sitting at the table with Jackson. He quickly glanced at me but then turned his attention back to Seoul.

"Alright buddy I don't know much about the Korean language but according to google translate your name is written like this." Jackson started. 

I drape the blanket across the back of the couch and sit down beside Seoul at the table. His face is serious. He is focused. At the same time he seems unaware that Jackson is going to attempt to teach him his name in English. 

The Korean language has very few syllables. The alphabet is smaller. Its hard for someone who has spoken Korean for there whole life to try to learn a diverse language like English. At the same time its going to be easier for him to learn now rather than two years from now. 

I had a hard time learning Korean because I loved anime and manga so I had studied Japanese. I use to get fussed at for calling Hangul Kanji.

"So, your name written in English is S-E-O-U-L  S-C-O-T-T. Its pronounced Soul. The E sound goes away." Jackson explained turning the paper to face him. 

Seoul glances between Jackson, the paper and myself. His brow furrows. He is clearly confused. 

"Mommy I don't understand." He said his lower lip quivering. 

Don't get frustrated sweetie.

"What do I do Mommy?" Seoul cries. 

"Shhh!" I comforted him, rubbing small circles on his back.

"I just wanted to help." Jackson said scratching the back of his head. His blue eyes show his frustration. He seems almost disappointed.

I give Seoul another minute to cry his frustrations out. He has to learn. I sit him back in his seat and redirect his attention to Jackson. He has only ever had me to answer too. If Jackson wants to teach him something that I'm not able to. I wont over ride him. 

Jackson smiles at me and turns his attention back to Seoul.

"Alright, you've introduced yourself many times. So, saying your name in English should be easy. Lets try writing it." Jackson said offering him a pen. Seoul takes the big pen in his small hands. He starts tracing the English letters of his names. They are shaky but its good progress.

"Hey guys." Mitilda greeted us as she walked into her house after work.

"Hey alpha." Jackson said not looking up from Seouls handy work. I smile and wave at her. 

Suddenly I feel very sick. My head is throbbing.  A fictional force is drilling into my ear drums. A sharp pain shoots up my spine. My vison is blurry. 

I felt fine a minute ago.  What changed?

"Rin what's wrong?" Jackson asked.

I look down at the string on my pinky and its still a brilliant red. I stand up, the chair slides across the floor with a loud screech. I snatch Jacksons hand up off the table. His string is unchanged in color and its still connected to mine. If its not our strings whose is it?

I grab my sons hand.  His string is blue as to be expected. His mate is a child.

I turn my attention to Mitilda. She rushes over to me. She places her hand over mine in some odd attempt to comfort me. 

The image of an orange sports car appears in my mind. Smoke poured out from under the hood. The windshield is cracked but you can clearly see the blood sprayed across the interior. The drivers side of the car is completely caved in. The steering wheel is jammed into his stomach. His features are unrecognizable. Its clear that he is dead. 

Hot tears stream down my face. 

What did I just see? 

"Her mate is dead."  The voice said.

Why did I have to see his death? I've never seen anyone else's. 

"This is what it means to correct my mistakes."  The voice said

How do I correct this? I know wolves don't feel there mates death if they have never met. I feel her loss though. My heart hurts for her. She is an amazing women. An amazing leader. She will be an amazing mother one day. She deserves to be happy. She deserves to be loved. 

"Then give her that."  The voice said. 

The image of a small red wolf appears in my mind. Its an adult but holds an omega title because of his size. His human form is dainty. His sun kissed skin makes his green eyes pop. He wear his hair longer than most but pins his bangs up leaving the rest down. I can almost feel his anxiety. It prevents him from making friends but he wishes that he could. He wants to be loved but needs confidence and reassurance. He needs someone to push him out of his shell. He needs Mitilda. 

I open my eyes and look at Mitildas hand that is still placed over mine. I use my free hand to grab the remainder of the black string clinging to her pinky. It crumbles leaving her pinky bare. The image of the omega appears in my mind again. An orange string ties itself around her finger. I search for his string. Its red. He was never paired with anyone. The strings move on there own. They weave themselves together. Binding them together.

I feel small hands wrap themselves around my waist. 

"You did a good thing mommy." Seoul praised me. I wonder if he can see the strings?

What now voice?

"He will appear and lead you to your next allies."