Chapter Thirteen

The first thing that I hear is Seoul yelling at those who surrounded us. Of course they couldn't understand him.  I failed him as a mother in that category. 

My vison is blurry but I do my best to blink it away. My sons small figure stands protectivly infront of my body. 

"Listen little man, we need to get your mommy to the pack doctor so she can be checked out." Grant tried to reason with my non english speaking child. 

I lurch forward and grab Seoul pulling him tightly to my chest. I run my fingers through the top of his hair trying to assure him that I am okay. I feel his innocent tears slowly start to soak my shirt. 

"Shhhh!" I soothed my son. I rocked him until his tears stopped and he dozed off leaning against my chest. 

"Are you okay Rin?" Grant asked taking a seat beside me on the floor. He looks concerned. He almost looks like he wants to comfort me but is unsure of how ill react. 

I don't meet his gaze but I do find the strength to nod my heavy head. 

"You know, you never told any of us his name." Grant mentioned leaning his body forward so he can see my face. 

I can't contain the stupid grin that is now on my face. Grant asking about Seoul makes my heart swell but my brain is telling me to be cautious. 

Things have been moving too smoothly.  

Grant reaches into his pocket, pulls out a phone, taps on the screen once or twice and then hands it to me. 

Google translate and a Korean keyboard. 

The proper kanji for my sons name isn't on this simple keyboard but I'll make it work. 

"서울" I type and hand him the phone back. 

He glances at the screen and cocks his head to the side. Glancing between the two of us and the phone screen. 

"Seoul as in the city?" Grant asks.

I give him a firm nod. He was born on the streets of the Koreas capital. The name fit. He embodies the cities liveliness. 

"Did you live in Seoul?" Grant asks handing me the phone back. 

I shook my head and typed "이천" and handed him the phone back. 

"Icheon?" He asks. I award him with a small smile and nod. 

"Did you like living there?" He asks. I nod again. Of course I did. Icheon was home. 

"Why did you come back?" He asks. His soft features disappeared. A hard mask took its place. 

"He is upset." The voice whispered. 

I'll test the waters here. I glance at his features out of my peripheral vison and just shrug. A voice told me too? I hate Daniel as much as you? 

The same question that I've already been asked over and over. The response won't change. 

"Thank you for saving my beta's." He says patting my shoulder and standing up. He stalks down the hall without as much as looking over his shoulder. 

The string on my pinky is still red but I just can't explain why this doesn't feel right. 

Mates are suppose to be all lovey dovey. He acts like a friend. 

He refused to take another mate because he wants true alpha powers. I accepted him believing that it wasn't true but currently his actions show other wise. 

Its only been a day though. 

"Be prepared to get your heart broke." The voice whispered. 

I glance down at the once bright red string that is now a murky brown. Darkness is pushing its way into his heart. 

If this keeps up everything and everyone that I once loved and come to know will loose to the darkness waiting in the shadows.