Chapter Tweleve

Some how once again I find myself alone with Grant. Well not entirely alone Seoul is here but its still awkward. 

"Mommy I'm hungry!" Seoul whined. 

"What does he normally eat?" Grant asked. My mouth drops open. Did he understand him?

"No, just the process of elimination."  the voice whispered. 

I turn my attention back to my spoiled son and mentally remind him that our snacks are in my duffle bag. He grins really big runs off and comes back carrying the plastic container of red bean pastries. 

I open the container and hand him one before offering one to Grant. He sniffs at it before taking a bite. He chews it slowly almost like he is afraid of the taste but eventually swallows, shrugs and takes another bite.

I look down at my pinky. The string is bright red, thick and strong but why do I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach?

"Mommy what's wrong?" Seoul asked dropping his treat. 

"Babe I don't know what your talking about!" Blake yelled chasing after Addison who was doing her best to get away from him. 

I look at the string that binds them together and its black. Its been severed. 

"No its been hidden." The voice whispered. 

"What's going on?" Grant asked using his alpha command to force his presence. 

"He cheated on me! I felt the pain of him making love to another women." Addison sobbed. 

"I didn't! I would never ever do that to you!" Blake yelled clearly frustrated that she doesn't believe him. 

I inch closer and see that the severed line has a thin black fog around it. This has to be the work of a witch. Why target a beta though why not go for the alpha?

"To kill an empire you start at the bottom." The voice whispered. 

"Addison you have known Blake since we were all pups. He is crazy about you." Grant encouraged. It wasn't going to work though. Addison's eyes are black. Her wolf is present and she wants blood. 

Addison charges forward claws out. She pushes Grant out of the way. Her eyes are set on Blake. 

I didn't want to get involved. I didn't want to risk getting hurt but my feet moved with out my permission. I found myself between her and Blake. 

"What are you doing Rin?" Grant growled. 

Addison stops dead in her tracks.

I hold out my hand asking her to take it. I can take the darkness away. I can take the pain away. 

Her fingertips brushed mine but that's all that I needed. I grab the string on her pinky and pull it towards me but the darkness follows. 

An annoyed growl escapes her lips. 

Moon Goddess what do I do?

"Grab the darkness." The voice instructed.

"Rin what are you doing?" My mate demanded to know. 

I take a tight grip on her string and pinch the fog between my fingers. Suddenly I'm flying  across the room.  The back of my head is too warm. I'm almost too scared to open my eyes but when I do, Addison looks softer. 

She looks at Blake with the same adoration that she did before. 

I watch the darkness evaporate from my grasp.  

"What did you do?" Blake asks.

"Rin are you okay?" Grant asks helping me to my feet.

"Mommy, Mommy that girls a meanie she hurt you." Seoul yelled clinging to my leg. 

"She is the master of mistakes." Ash said appearing out of no where.

"She fixes the Moon Goddesses mistakes. She bonded us together." Sam explained appearing beside his mate. 

"If she can fix the mistakes than she must be able to protect them too." Grant said looking at me wide eyed. 

"How long have you had this ability?" Grant asks. 

My mouth suddenly goes dry. My ears start ringing. My heart is beating out of my chest. 

My body gives up and I fall into the pit of darkness.