Chapter Two

I have only the necessities laid out on my bed. Two changes of clothes, soap, book one of Tanya the evil, lighter and a knife. I should be able to camp out in the forest for a while with this stuff. I carefully put them into my backpack.

My room is plain and boring. I have white walls, dark hardwood floors, no pictures, no posters, just a twin size bed, a little bookshelf and a desktop computer. I have clothes but outside of my school uniform I have only a few outfits that I wear.

Baggy t-shirts with leggings or in the winter time boots. Simple comfortable outfits but in my moms eyes "they are not very lady like." I personally could care less, comfortable is comfortable.

"Rin?" My mom asked as she knocked and pushed my bedroom door open.

"Yes?" I answer offering her a fake smile.

"Francesca will be by later with two outfits for you to try on. I want you to look nice for the  ceremony  tomorrow. You will be representing the Dragon Blood pack and you should look it. Plus we should look appropriate when we welcome the new alpha female into the family." My mom rambles on enthusatically.

Like I said  before my brothers mate is a male. A low ranking male at that. He just doesn't know it yet. I just nod and smile until she is satisfied with my response. Then finally leaves me alone.

I glance down at the clock on my cell phone, 12:00 pm. Everyone is either training or preparing for the ceremony. Moms friend is suppose to show up around 2:00pm. So I have a very short window of time to get out of here.

I'm invisible not physically but I have no general presence. It allows me to move through the lively house with ease. No one spares me a glance, speaks or questions where I'm going.

I wasn't noticed as I walked through the territory to the boarder line.  My feet froze just at the line. Once the line is crossed there is no coming back.

That realization alone makes me question my choice for an split second before remembering Tanya. No empathy, no remorse, no expectations and pure confidence.

"This is for my own good!" I whisper as I encourage myself to step over the line. Everyone always has said that leaving a pack is a painful experience but  I feel no different.

Freedom is conditional. You have it as long as you don't let anyone take it away.  The one thing that I never considered was that someone was waiting in the shadows, with a grudge against my father, ready to take more than just my freedom.