Chapter Nineteen

After the meeting with we had with Alpha Mitilda and her officials they ran off to complete there jobs as pack leaders. Seoul has made himself at home. He is happily asleep on Mitildas couch. That leaves me alone with Jackson.

We have been sitting in deafening awkward silence for what feels like forever. In reality its probably only been like a few minutes. 

"What was your favorite thing about Korea?" Jackson asked. 

Alright simple question. 

"The food for sure." The automated voice read.

"Really? What was your favorite thing to eat?" He asks smiling.

"Bungeoppang. Its a sweet treat." The voice reads struggling to pronounce the name. I couldn't help but laugh at the mispronunciation. 

"Is that the snack Seoul was eating in the car?" He ask. 

"I'll make them for you one day." I type with a grin and an enthusiastic nod.

"I've never been any where outside of a thirty mile radius of packs territory. My parents always wanted to travel but they never did." Jackson admits. 

"We lived in Icheon. its one of the bigger cities. I had a office job. Seoul went to preschool." I smile fondly at the memory. 

"Do you miss it?" He asked. His voice laced with sadness. 

"Yes and no. We had our own bubble. It was safe. I hated my parents. I hated my brother. On a level I think I hated Grant. I didn't want to risk exposing Seoul to that rejection." The automated voice reads. I wish that it was able to convey the sadness I feel. 

"I could see that. They had no idea you were gone despite how they let on. I think that if they were serious about searching for you we all would have known about it." Jackson admits. 

He is right they never cared. 

"How old are you?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Nineteen." The automated voice read. 

"So, you were fourteen when you had him?" He asked. 

He already knows the answer to that. I don't know him well enough to tell him anymore. Seouls journey into the world wasn't a pleasant one. It was hard and I had no one. 

"Well, I am quite a bit older than you. I am twenty-seven." He says.

"No girlfriends?" The voice reads.

"Of course I did. Its hard to date in the werewolf world. You are suppose to stay alone and wait for your mate. Then of course you mark her/him. Complete the mating process. Pop out a few kids and live happily ever after. I honestly thought the mooon goddess had forgotten about me." Jackson admits.

"I've skipped a few of those steps. Not by choice of course but I wouldn't change a thing." The voice reads. I look over at Seoul who is sleeping soundly. I would change absolutely nothing. 

"I know that. I'm excited though. I always have wanted kids and you have one. Even if he isn't biologically mine. I want to be a father figure for him." Jackson says.

"He knows that his father is not a good man. I have never told him about Daniel and what he did to me but he knows." The voice reads.

"But?" Jackson asked urging me to continue.

"If you have any doubts about us don't get close to him. I can handle rejection but I wont put Seoul through that. I have to protect him from that." The automated voice read what seems all to fast. 

I'm offering him an out. His words are sweet but we are different. He is older. A high ranking official. Unlike me, I've always been a loner. I found love in books. I found love in the Koto. Not in friends or even my family. I've been a mother since I was fourteen. I lived on the streets. I'm damaged goods. 

Do I trust the voice with blind courage?

"Rin, I promise you that I accept both of you without an ounce of doubt in my mind. I can sense your fear and apprehension. I would probably be scared too but I swear that I would never hurt either of you intentionally." Jackson declared meeting my eyes. 

My heart is beating a million miles a minute. My cheeks are hot. A smile appeared on my face showing off my crooked teeth that I never bothered to get fixed. 

Is this happiness? 

All of the sudden his face is inches from mine. His minty breath fans across my face. His callous thumb traces my jaw line. I lean into his touch. 

"Can I kiss you?" Jackson whispered.

"He is over the moon. Trust me. Trust him." The voice pleaded.

I lean forward and gently press my lips against his.  He doesn't move, letting me take the lead. I slowly move my lips against his. He moves at the same pace. He didn't push for more. 

This is my first kiss. 

When he pulls back every fiber of my being is screaming for me to kiss him more. Too deepen the kiss. I want more but its not going to happen today. I have to mentally prepare myself for more but I know Jackson will respect that. 

My forehead rest against his. His spicy scent invades my nose. I love this feeling. 

Happiness.