Chapter Thirty-Three

After the soldiers arrived, I didn't get to see Jackson that much. The alphas kept him busy with training. Everyone who hadn't been listed in Mitildas group was not allowed to train. So, its not like I have to sit at the pack house alone. I just have no desire to socialize with anyone here but Keegan has made it his personal mission to ensure that I don't have any time alone. 

"You know I never would have imagined that Elixer was my mate." Keegan said. 

"Really?" I ask trying to sound uninterested. 

"Yeah, I had a crush on him growing up." He admits. 

"Did you ever tell him?" I ask. 

"I did one time. He was totally shit faced though." Keegan laughed. 

"How long did you know that Grant was your mate?" He asks. The question kind of took me by surprise. When did I know? 

"When I was a kid I started seeing the strings. They ranged in colors. It was scary but I eventually figured it out. It wasn't until I was ten years old that I understood what they meant. When I realized that he was my partner I knew that it would never work. The difference between us is too big." I admit.

"Did you ever hope that he would feel the bond between you two?" Keegan asked. 

"Sure I did. I had even accepted him until I learned the truth. When you and your wolf choose to bond with someone you can never love another until your current partner dies or rejects the bond." I say intertwining my hands together. 

"You fell in love with Jackson though." Keegan said with a soft smile. 

"The moon goddess told me that she would always take care of me." I agree smiling.

"How did you deal with Elixer dating other people?" I ask. My curiosity peaked. 

"I didn't. I stayed away from him unless it was work related." He says with wide eyes. 

"That had to be difficult." I sympathize 

"It was but I dealt with it. I tried to date but no one ever appealed to me like he did." Keegan admits. 

"Keegan, when all of this is over what do you want to do?" I ask. 

"I want to go on vacation." He says. 

"I think all of us are going to need a vacation after this." I say chuckling. 

"You know you have done a great job raising him." Keegan says gesturing to Seoul who is doodling on the floor. 

"Thank you." I say smiling. 

"Keegan can I confide in you?" I ask. 

"Yeah. What's on your mind?" He ask, concern masking his chiseled features. 

"I think that something bad is going to happen soon." I admit. 

"What do you mean?" He ask. 

"I don't know exactly what is going to happen." I start. 

"But its going to be bad?" Keegan ask. 

I reply with a simple nod. I don't know when and I don't know how but none of us are safe anymore. All because this man is obsessed with me. I have the urge to run again. I want to pack up everything and leave. I want to feel safe but even if I leave the threat still remains. I would hurt the person that I have come to love the most. I just want this to be over. 

"Are you sure that you want to keep this a secret from the others?" Keegan asks. 

"I don't want to rile anyone up anymore than they already are." I stress. 

"Rin, if you find out something more definite promise me that you will let someone know." Keegan said. 

"Of course." I agree. 

"Daddies back." Seoul says looking up from his drawing. 

I hadn't heard anyone enter the pack house but I knew that my son has never been wrong about these things.  Sure enough I could hear the jokes and laughter of the men and women who had just spent the whole day training. 

"Hey baby." Jackson said quickly wrapping me in a hug. His hair is drenched with sweat. His skin smells salty but his natural scent peaks through. Either way its relaxing. 

"Daddy, look at my picture!" Seoul said shoving his art at him. 

Jackson squatted down so they are close to the same height. He takes the note pad from him and scans over the picture. 

"Wow, buddy this is really good." He praised Seoul and handed me the note pad. 

The picture is of a wolf. It is so detailed. If it wasn't in blue ink I would believe that it was a portrait. This is exceptional for his age. 

"Seoul this is amazing." I say letting my enthusiasm show. 

"I need to get him some real art supplies." I say handing the note pad back to Jackson. 

"There might be some here. We can always ask Mitilda." Jackson offers. 

"How is training?" I ask changing the subject. 

"Mitilda's training regiment is difficult. I'm use to working out and sparing but she is on a totally different level. Its only gotten worse since the new group joined us." He says. 

"New group?" I ask. 

"Yeah, a small pack from up in the mountains. There alpha said that a few of his pack members have gone missing and he believes that Verner is behind it. He wants to go with us to raid his territory." Jackson explained. 

I feel a knot form in the pit of my stomach. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. Something isn't right. The only people that are currently here have been invited by someone directly involved. As far as I know Mitilda didn't put up an ad asking for help. 

"Jackson, don't you think that a pack showing up out of the blue is a little weird?" I ask trying to keep my voice steady. 

"I do, but its not my rodeo and we need all the help that we can get." Jackson says. He shrugs off my concern but his eyes show his worry. 

"Wolves in sheep's clothing."  The voice said. 

None of us are safe anymore.