Chapter Eleven

Grant decided to house us on the "elite" floor. Only wolves with the rank of Alpha, beta and gamma are on this level with the exception of there mates. 

Everyone is hanging out in the living room watching whatever show is on.  I couldn't help but to sit awkwardly off to the side. Normally I would be at work and Seoul would be at preschool. 

The werewolf world is different.

Seoul looks up at me and gives me a toothy grin. He must sense my anxiety. He is so smart for his age. I run my fingers through the top of his hair and offer him a soft smile. 

We will be okay. 

"So, Rin?" Addison asked unsurely pulling my attention away from Seoul. I meet her eyes acknowledging her but don't say a word. 

"Where were you living? I know it was some part of Asia because I have heard your son talk but where exactly?" Addison  asked cocking her head to the side. 

All eyes are on me. Three alphas, two betas and two gammas along with there mates. 

What do they want me to say? That I was a coward. That I wasn't willing to try to work things out with my family. That I ran away and got into trouble. That I put myself in many positions where I could have been killed? That I couldn't support Seoul alone until I was sixteen? 

Korea became my home. A place that I come to love but my start there wasn't great but they don't need to know that. 

I look down at the red string attached to my pinky. At this moment in time it offers me no comfort. 

I have no voice. 

Grant gets up with out saying  a word and disappears into the other room just to return a few seconds later with a globe. 

He sits it down in front of us and gestures towards it offering us a way out. 

I spin the sphere until I see China and Russia. I glance around between the different shades marking the different smaller countries and sort through the small print. When I see Seoul in bold print I point showing both Seoul and Grant at the same time.

"South Korea?" Finn asked peering over Grants shoulder. 

"How did you get all the way over there?" Finn asked. I glanced to Ash who knew the answer but choose to remain silent. 

I stole money and stowed away on a plane. Simple answer that none of them would ever accept. 

"Alpha Black, Alpha Scott can you fill the rest of us in on what's going on?" Blake asked looking between the three of us. 

"Yeah I guess we haven't been entirely up front with everything." Grant sighs. 

"Alpha Christopher Scott has two children." Grant starts.

"When we went to special training and they covered the allies portion we had to look at the family trees. It said that Alpha Christopher Scott only had one child which is Finn." Jackson said looking at Finn confused. 

"I have a sister. She was born without a wolf. None of us knew why, but my parents treated her the like one of us until she turned ten. Then they excluded her from everything. We were told to exclude her. She was human and was to be treated as such." Finn explained as he gestured towards his beta and gamma who grew up along side us.

"She stopped talking after a while. She stopped trying to make wolf friends. She was even sent to a human school to distance herself from us even more." Finn said and looked down at the floor. 

"When my father decided that I was ready to become alpha he talked to Grants father and set it up so we could do both of our ceremonies at the same time. I was excited when my dad told me that he was going to allow my sister to attend. When she didn't show up I really didn't think anything of it. I figured I had shunned her, for three or four years why would she support me." Finn explained shrugging. 

"My wolf urged me to go look for her. Something was up. I hadn't seen her since I left but I also never could not notice her when I was here." Grant explained.

"We went looking for her together." Grant said looking at Finn. 

"We talked to so many different people. We went everywhere trying to catch a scent. We needed a starting point." Finn said. 

"Did you get one?" Addison asked leaning forward showing her interest. 

"In a way. We learned that she had won at nationals for her Koto playing. An imported Japanese instrument. She had no teacher. She taught herself. So we checked every music store with in a hundred mile radius." Grant said leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

"One of her classmates told us that she was always reading this manga where the main characters name was Tanya. So I went to the manga store in the city. She had ordered books but never showed up to pick them up." Finn  explained. 

"Well did you ever find her?" Jackson asked.

"No we didn't. How do you find someone when nothing but them is missing. There was no sign of a struggle. No property was missing. Her scent had vanished. She had disappeared off the face of the earth." Grant finished. 

"So what did you do?" Addison asked.

"We gave up." Finn said shrugging. 

"What do you mean you just gave up? She is your sister for Christ sake!"  Blake growled jumping up from his seat. 

"If you love something set it free. If it really loves you it will always find a way back home." Grant said. His soft words making the room go quite. 

"So your just sitting around hoping that one day she will show up?" Jackson asked. 

"Fate has a weird way of working things out." Finn said smiling at the floor. 

"Ain't that right Rin? For what its worth I'm happy your back." Finn said offering me a smile. 

I can't help but to smile at my brothers kind words. 

I hope that I can come to love this place once again.