Minji (Point of View)

[Trigger warning: Mild descriptions of abuse, sexual harassment and mental health issues. No graphic descriptions/scenes, but make sure you are comfortable with the themes before proceeding with the chapter. If you want the recap reveal, there is a small  description at the very end so feel free to scroll down!]

Minji wasn't always a bitch. Back when she lived in a cottage house with her mother, grandmother and twin brother, she was very much a naïve girl.

She used to think that her father loved her in a special way that nobody else could understand. She remembers those eyes, how full of emotion they were. She traces the scar on her left thigh sometimes and thinks of those eyes, she remembers how full of emotion they were.

She understood quickly that that's how human irises get when you don't have the ability to love someone. They light up like magma and overflow like a volcano, and they burn into your skin up close. If you can dissociate yourself from the pain, it's almost fascinating to watch it happen.

He was made to leave when Minji was seven years old.

He lined curse after curse at their family as he dragged a luggage away from their little cottage house. Minji, Yoongi, their mother and grandmother stood at the porch and watched him dissolve into dust.

Minji believes that his soul lives in that house to this day.

By the time Minji and Yoongi graduate, Minji is very clear on what she wants. But she hasn't been on her best behavior as a teenager and her overprotective mother and grandmother won't let her have it unless she is supervised. That's how Yoongi ends up following her to Gidae University in Gidae.

They rent a furnished house in the neighborhood and move in.

The next day, Minji announces that she is moving out.

"Where?" Yoongi gapes with a toothbrush poking through his cheek.

"I booked a dorm room at the campus. Give me half of eomma's allowance money after you find a roommate," Minji says, grabbing her bags from the living room floor.

"You are not going anywhere," Yoongi starts calmly, testing the waters. He knows pushing Minji will cause her to revolt but she always came around in the past, so he pushes her.

"Yoongi," Minji shakes her head apologetically.

"I'm not asking you a question, why are you shaking your head?" Yoongi breathes a laugh, frustration starting to creep into his features by reddish ink. He throws his toothbrush on the TV stand, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt. "Drop the bags in that room, I cleaned it in the morning," he blinks fast and avoids Minji's gaze, not moving an inch like he knows she will be gone the moment he loses her from his sight.

He mumbles a quickly when Minji doesn't move a muscle.

"I'm not going to live under your watch like a dog," Yoongi's eyes shoot at his sister when she speaks, a sudden moment of tension forming in the air as the two size each other up.

"I promised eomma to take care of you and that's what I will be doing," Yoongi pushes himself to respond, although it's obvious that he is having a hard time speaking through the nerves. "There is no reason for you to feel like that."

Minji bites on her lip not to say something she will regret. She doesn't want to hurt his brother but sometimes he says some manipulative shit that really gets on her nerves.