15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker

[A/N: I'M SO EXCITEEEEEEED! AAAAAH! Also, leave comments you cowards!]

Saturday morning is chaotic.

D-days are always more intense than the others, given the sense of preparations coming to an end for the actual show take place. To Jungkook the anticipation started the night before, which made him fidget left to right in bed and eventually caused him to skip a few hours of planned sleep. Nevertheless he wakes up in the morning buzzing with energy, restless to finally meet the world and sell everyone the best mascot spectacle of their lives.

He is confident, he has no reason to not be. 

He is happy to conclude he has no regrets when he does the final touches on his hair, smiling at his reflection on the mirror. Jungkook almost forgot how pressure motivates him a hundred percent instead of mowing him down. His competitive spirits rise because he gets another opportunity to prove himself, and even better, this time it's not out of selfish ends.

A delicious smell welcomes him into the Debate Club's room at the earlier hours of the afternoon. Their busy schedule is clean forgotten for a while as everyone enjoys the home-made meal surprise Yoongi prepared for them. The man apparently has a habit of treating the members with his skillful cooking at important days of the sort, today being no less than an immensely meaningful one for all them all. Jungkook cherishes the cheerful laughters and teasing they share in between big bites, countlessly praising a shy Yoongi on his remarkable culinary talent. YAGJA joins them in time for the meal: another surprise Jungkook has yet to bear with his two eyes. The team apparently invited them over to make peace before advancing into the big day, which... wow to whoever convinced Jin.

They have a brief vocal practice with YAGJA before the girls head into their respective room. When it's time for business, the food and banter remnants are quickly wrapped up, a meeting initiated to revise role distribution and phases of advancement (namely: The Scoundrel, Mascot Activities, Show Time, and Master Getaway). Everything was already set, apt the nitpicking nature of the team but it always feels good to refresh one's memory, isn't it? Jungkook loves their working approach for that entire reason. He is at total ease when they bring the meeting to a close, encouraging claps followed by a hand-on-hand cheer echoing in the room. 

"Good luck," Minji bumps shoulders with Jungkook when they are about parting ways, a sanguine smile on her face. Jungkook mirrors her expression, can feel a similar adrenaline rush through her as the countdown dies.

"Save it for yourself. You'll need it more," he cockily walks away instead, chuckling at Minji's anticipated yawps from behind him. She can't let him have it for the life of her.

Winter National University Games is a big deal in South Korea, basketball being the lead of the league for the past few years. The fuss is noticeable even more so at the streets of Gidae close to the games, housing the flood of fans, students and families excited to cheer for their team's victory.

Gidae stadium, specifically, looks unlike anything Jungkook had seen two days ago. The calm and placid ambience that had once welcomed them for practice has roused into a jungle of overexcited rooters. Even before the Secret Service vans approach the neighborhood of the venue, groups of supporters occupy the roads, turning the streets into a rainbow festival with all sorts of crazy uniforms and colorful posters. Jungkook's eyes sparkle when the sight of the stadium appears, huge parades and stands formed at its entrance representing different universities and teams from all across South Korea. The outside of the dome is lustered with billboard advertisement of the olympics, and Jungkook can feel the bass from the speakers thrumming his heart in animation.