21 | Mid String of Fate

You'd think Jungkook would be trained in cooking from living alone for four months now. The case is, he is not. Fast food has been his best friend for the time being, but it lasts for so long. Jungkook has started craving healthy, home-made food; his body needs more than being full. 

Though, his well-being is besides the point now, because Jimin is coming over tonight and Jungkook is sorta freaking out on what to make for him.

So far, Jimin has proved himself to be a great chef. Jungkook found himself craving for more every time they dined together, wishing that Jimin would bring more food than necessary so that he could stock some in the fridge for the next day. Earlier in the morning Jimin called him, sounding straight out of a cooking show with all sorts of pan and stove noises on the background, saying that Jungkook didn't need to prepare anything because he was already preparing a delicious meal for them — but Jungkook knows better than letting the man do all the work for a meal he considers their last.

Ah... it sucks to think of it that way.

But it is what it is. Jungkook is sure of himself, and he is proud of standing up for his happiness... on the long run.

Back to the kitchen.

He is staring at the pack of flour, eggs, milk, sugar and baking soda sitting on his counter.

They are staring back at him.

He feels dumber for every second that ticks on the clock hanging from the kitchen's wall.

Why does he have a clock on the kitchen anyway? He knows he didn't buy it. 

Focus, dumbass.

He purses his lips tightly, taking a deep breath, eyes gliding to the recipe book sitting next to the ingredients.

It's just a cake. 

How hard can it be, right?

Two hours of floundering later, Jungkook is looking at a hot tray of fluffy vanilla cake sitting on his counter.

The dough jiggles when he pokes on it.

It smells amazing too.

Looks good...?

He must be good at baking cake.

Huh.

Maybe he learned it when he was younger but has no memory of it? That must be it. After all, who nails a cake at first try, right?

Jungkook smiles contentedly, standing up and facing the kitchen.

The good feeling doesn't last too long, giving the spotlight to a well-defined frown on his face.

What matters if he is good at doing a lot of things. He is always gonna suck at being organized.

Tens of plates are littered across the sink, spoons are dripping dough sauce, the single stainless wire whisk is laying on the floor, the cupboard doors point in all directions, a little bit of the oil has spilled on the counter...

It's an unmighty sight. 

Makes his stomach retch.

Regardless, he is so not going to spend another hour in the kitchen after all that hard work. His legs are hurting, you know? Maybe later.

He removes the apron and throws it on top of the colorful kitchen towels piled on the chair in the corner, skipping to the living room where a delightful hour of video gaming is calling for him.