4 | Tracking Down the Hacker

It was a well-to-be spent Saturday. Jungkook was going to get a lot of his homework done and indulge himself in video games the rest of the day. If he had just enough time left, he would wind off at the skating ring set at the small city's downtown throughout the new year season.

What he is doing instead, is fancying as the sixth member of an unconstitutional party, on the watch-out for hacker boy Jimin to beg their way behind the bush, quite literally. They line up in front of a pink wooden house bounded by a small garden, one of the many traditional cabins in the street. On their way, Jungkook noticed that the house was only two streets away from the park where they met and the cafe where they hung out that day. 

His stomach churns gruesomely. Is Jimin even going to remember him?

"Are you sure this is where he lives?"

"Positive. The source is reliable."

Jungkook sucks in a breath with doe eyes, blinking anxiously. Among these badly-behaved students he feels like the disoriented kid he was back in primary school, except the ends of his dirty shirt don't unevenly poke out of his pants and his snot doesn't run down his lips anymore. Other than that, totes same.

The Secret Services climb up the porch stairs in their usual professional element, easily establishing a bowling formation as they wait for the door to be attended. Jungkook strays behind, eyes glued to the door — he supposes he is a little silly for trying hard to the point that his eyes cross and he has to blink feverishly to regain his eye sight.

It finally cracks. Jungkook holds his breath.

She is a portly senior lady, dressed in a soft pink gown that reaches a little under her knees and pink fluffy house slippers that restrain exactly behind the Welcome carpet front the door. A bit down the frame is a little guy holding her hand mightily, only half of his body showing behind her leg where he shyly hides.

Jungkook can't help but smile when they unite eyes for a brief second.

"Can I help you?" the lady asks pleasantly surprised, inquisitively scanning her surprise visitors.

"Oh, hi!" Jin sings cheerfully. "We are looking for a Park Jimin. He lives here, right?"

She smiles unsurely, taken aback by the question. Jungkook wonders if they are in the right house. There is a chance they are Jimin's mother and little brother (logically guessing), but then he doesn't trust the methodology in which the members attained Jimin's housing information one bit, to begin with. 

"Not really," she replies, petting the hair of the smaller who is pulling at her dress. 

Jungkook sighs. He scolds himself for wasting his time with nonsense, he should know better. Seriously! It's not like Jimin is waiting for him with open arms anyway, even if he lived here! On a second thought thought over more than a couple five times, he is pretty much obsessing over a guy he just met once in his life and it's already been two weeks since that incident!

"But he is my neighbor," she speaks again, at which everybody beams, including Jungkook who throws the entirety of the little rant he just had in his brain meeting out of the window. "I can take you to him if you would like?"

"Yes, please! That would be lovely!" Jin sets the deal and thanks her a million times, shuffling everyone around to make an easy path for her down the porch. The lady laughs at his anticipation, clasping the little boy to her arms as she shuts the door and heads towards the backside of her house.

Now that is confusing. 

"Are we supposed to follow her?" Jin whisper-shouts as the rest of them raise on their tiptoes in curiosity to watch the lady and the boy disappear through the corner of the house's wall.