27 | Delivering

Coming back to Gidae feels like returning home. Jungkook didn't expect to miss this neighborhood just in a matter of three days but here he is, eyeing his building like it's his childhood home. Maybe he does get attached to things, places, people, everything pretty quickly.

"Have a good day, ahjussi!" he greets the taxi driver who hands him his luggage, patting Jungkook on the back before closing the trunk shut and driving away. 

Jungkook is about to walk inside the building when the iron door opens hastily, the student living across him stepping out, awed when they make eye contact.

"Oh, oppa! Hi!"

"Hello there!" 

She grins, happy to be recognized. "Did you travel?"

Both their eyes fall to Jungkook's luggage for a brief second. "Went to my hometown for the weekend." Jungkook smiles. "Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?"

She hugs her school books to her chest. "I have a sick leave since Friday. I'm feeling better now but I didn't wanna go to school today. I'm gonna catch up at the study room down the block."

Jungkook's lips form an oval shape, an appreciative noise coming out of his mouth. She must be a studious girl. "Good luck, hagsaeng!"

"I told you my name was June?!" her voice pitches in annoyance, making Jungkook chuckle. 

"Arasso, June-ie," he grumbles, getting her to smile. "By the way, I didn't have time to search around about that arrogant man from last time but I'll get into it this week. Sorry about that."

She pauses for a while, Jungkook assuming that she is trying to remember the incident, but he soon realizes it's for a completely different reason. "We became friends with that oppa!" she says. "He knocked later that day to apologize. Since then he always brings snacks for me."

Jungkook does a two-take, blinking until his eyelids give in. "Are you sure?"

She snorts. "Sure about what. Don't worry about it, oppa! Thanks anyways!" she smiles big and purposefully cute, taking steps backwards as she waves at Jungkook. "See you later!"

Jungkook nods absent-mindedly, watching her jog down the street.

Huh.

That was unexpected.

Ever since Jungkook had left Gidae, there was this eerie feeling inside of him. He had important family issues to deal with so he didn't pay much thought into it, but Jungkook has been mad worried about the outcome of the Student Body President elections. The team calls him in the middle of his lecture, urging him to come down to the basement, which would normally be a problem for Jungkook who hates cutting class — but not this time. He packs his bag at the instant, exit easy and smooth from being a back seat buddy.

The basement, however, is a complete mess. 

Jungkook had never seen it scurry with so many students, bunching past Jungkook at the end of what seems like a meeting or conference. He squishes himself to the Debate Club's room, spotting Jin and Yoongi greet and shake hands of everybody who exits the room one by one.

In about five minutes, the floor is clear of people, returning back to its abandoned reckless state.

It's a little traumatic to witness.

"Come here, Jungkook-ah," Minji drags him inside where the rest of the team members are dragging out extra chairs and tidying up the place. 

"What's going on here?" Jungkook asks in a daze, dodging from a Yoongi who almost clashes into him with a mount of empty juice boxes in his arms.